Laying Up - Lesson Learned This Weekend

capricorn

Visit site
True to form that I learn something new whenever I set foot on the boat, I feel my fellow 'Butters might find the following advice useful based upon my experience yesterday.

The first time you go down to your boat after she's been lifted out, it's a good idea to flush the heads through with fresh water and perhaps pump some fairy liquid/cooking oil/marine toilet cleaner through to lubricate the pump and clean the outlet hose. Before doing this, however, make sure you haven't left your toolbox with your sandwiches on top of it on the ground directly underneath the heads seacock outlet.

Just thought you might find this helpful !

<hr width=100% size=1>

hamish

Visit site
Forget water

start with couple of litre bottles of coke and allow to simmer, removes "salt" deposits. Then add olive oil

Hamish

<hr width=100% size=1>

Metabarca

Visit site
Well. it saved on breaking out the Daddy's Sauce, then.../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Adriatic links here: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html>http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html</A>

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
In a similar vein, when removing a porta potti from its mountings, it is always prudent to check that the last person to use it emptied the contents of the bowl into the waste tank. This will avoid steeping the cabin sole carpeting in urine, though I am told this is the way that colour is fixed in Harris Tweed.

Sandwiches were happily unaffected, however.

Hope this helps.

<hr width=100% size=1>Je suis Marxiste - tendance Groucho

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Blimey.....dont let em pee in the porta potti......that'll fill it up in no time..../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Educate them into the use of 'the jug' mate .........( yes...females too......)

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boatsontheweb.com/> Website, Photo Gallery, Chat Room, Burgees</A>

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Don't I know it...........

Considering installing a separate unit exclusively for the use of my 10 year old daughter - but a second head is a bit of a luxury in a small craft; ask Zaphod Beeblebrox /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Je suis Marxiste - tendance Groucho

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Thanks for that, cheered up a dull day.

<hr width=100% size=1>
ladybug_zigzag_md_wht.gif

Rob_Webb

Visit site
Trashed caravan

Reminds me of family trip in caravan many yrs ago, halfway thru drive home dad goes quiet, pulls over and gets out to check all is 'ok'. Forgot to lock down poter potti...... stony silence for rest of trip. Get home, caravan washed out with hose and sold.

<hr width=100% size=1>