LAying Down supper just gets better and better.

FullCircle

Visit site
Well, the Shipwreck at Shotley did us proud last night, and I thought we had a really good Supper, especially with some of the Awards made.
32 attended this year, up from last years 27.
We were really impressed that although the weather was rubbish, lots of people made the effort and came up by car. Magic.

Transportation award has to go to Bellatrix, who whistled up his own Pilot Boat. Most impressive!

MoodySabre just cant resist sorting out the finances though. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks everyone, I really enjoyed it.

Now, will some of you please post some photos? Ta.

MoodySabre

Visit site
It was a very good evening. Thanks Neil for organising.

My prize will go in pride of place /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I do like to see all those £20 quid notes even briefly passing through my hands /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bellatrix now as something in common with Prince William so far as the use of taxpayers money is concerned /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Very /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
Re: Laying Down supper just gets better and better.

Like to add my thnks to everyone for making it a great event, little disapointed that dispite a stirling effort buy most there was little evidance of laying down.
There were those that seemed the be off the vertical but could not really said to be laying down.
As mr FC has said lets see the evidance so we can then start making our defence

Neil
Thanks for the hospitality on Morgana and for your efforts for the whole event (food was excellent compared to our last visit to the ship wreck)

cjepearson

Visit site
Now just you jolly well hold fire there.....I got bl~~dy soaked getting aboard that boat last night, it was very uppy and downy at the Shotley pontoon. No place for a gentleman I can tell you.
A great evening though, thanks again to Neil (and family, no doubt) a good time was had by all.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
What a great evening!

... and what an utterly loopy bunch you all are!... I'm still chuckling about Janey wearing the chicken hat all night......

The food was good, but the company was even better...

Thanks everyone for making the effort... especially those that still turned up by car after the weather decided to let us down....

So.... its 40 next year n'est pas? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
Firstly, many thanks to Neil, Debs, Jim and Lynne, for organising this event, very much enjoyed by all that attended and hope even more realise what an experience they're missing and join in at future events. Thanks all, very much appreciated.

Anyway

Following a minor navigational error (when did they move Bradwell ? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) Mrs & Mrs Sixpence arrived at the good ship Pipedream at around 01-30 on Saturday AM, where Laying Down practice commenced, and continued until about 04-30 when it was decided that we had better lay down immediately or we may as well set sail then /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Set off at around 09-30 Saturday and had a very enjoyable sail to Shotley, with either Louise or myself taking the helm most of the way (I think Alan had a headache really /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) as the engine was turned off within yards of leaving the mooring and wasn't started until we needed it for the approach, brilliant sail Alan, hope Tanya joins in more now she's met a few of us.

As for the event, well, you couldn't miss the flagship, thanks to Richard Shead for the six foot long burgee /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
EastCoastLayingDownSupper2008011.jpg

I missed it, but then I wasn't wearing my specs /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Some that attempted the trip but turned back, were duly awarded a prize for the attempt /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EastCoastLayingDownSupper2008002.jpg

Then some were rewarded for making the awards as Neil made a right tit of himself /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

EastCoastLayingDownSupper2008004.jpg

Which were highly prized even if a bit of a bummer /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
EastCoastLayingDownSupper2008003.jpg

They were retained for the duration, and beyond /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EastCoastLayingDownSupper2008007.jpg

Even our two Jester achievers wore the prized award proudly /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

EastCoastLayingDownSupper2008001.jpg

The final laying down was managed later, on Pipedream, following a drop or two of the good stuff /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif then we seemed to wake up only a minute or two later and joined Morgana for a hearty breakfast

This lot was for Neil /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EastCoastLayingDownSupper2008009.jpg

But he couldn't quite manage it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

EastCoastLayingDownSupper2008010.jpg

Thank you to Alan for the accomodation and a great day sailing, and to everyone for making the effort, good to see a few familiar faces again, and some new ones too. Now looking forward to the next get together, might even get a chance to say hello to a few more people.

emnick

Visit site
Thank you Neil a most enjoyable evening. We really enjoyed it. It was great to put faces to names.
Thanks to all at the Shipwreck also.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Thank you to Neil for organising and to the 'NOT' committee for 'prize giving' - with the exception of Alan and George (who are both totally bonkers) these 'awards' are best avoided!

Great evening, shame about the weather but I couldn't have sailed anyway (folk often say that when they see me afloat!) but at least I didn't have a headache for Church parade! Comiserations to all those who managed to get there by boat - hope you get home soon! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AliM

Visit site
Thanks, guys, for arranging it. A super evening for everyone.

It was great to find out who everyone was - you don't look anything like your avatars!

I hope those brave enough to sail there get back within a week or two - it doesn't look promising at the moment.

Ali and Gordon

CPD

Visit site
Yet again, a magnificent ECF do. Thanks to Neil not only for the organising but also for the ginormous breakfast feast yesterday morning and the lift back to Bradwell. Very kind sir. Thanks to all the other organisers too. I didnt take my camera, so keep the photos and video's coming. As ever, lovely to meet new faces.
Dave and Louise were great company on the way up, and Dave even introduced me to his whisky shaped friend, who came very slowly back into focus yesterday morning.

What a night !

CPD

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
it was very uppy and downy at the Shotley pontoon.

[/ QUOTE ]
As the world nosedives into financial oblivion, we should be take comfort from the fact that when we are all aged 150, and the green shoots of an economy surface once more, that we will have in our midst fine men able to safely guide ships that have travelled the world's oceans for months on end, safely into our fine harbours.
You certainly know how to do it in style Chris /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jh2005

Visit site
A great fun evening and good to meet up with all the 'Eastcoasters' again, and meet some new ones!
Well done to the Morganas and Full Circles for pulling it all together and the entertaining prize giving.

Cheers,
James & Helen /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

CliveG

Visit site
Neil & Debbs, Jim & Lynn.

Thank you for the weekend.
I had one of the best birthdays I have had for a long time.

The Duck will find a suitable home aboard Sirenia when she is resurrected.
I will treasure the log book with all your autographs in it.

Additional thanks to Neal and Debbs for the accommodation on Friday and Saturday nights.
A pity we could not go for a sail on Saturday but it was for the best.

Thanks to Jim, Lynn, Doug & Sue for the entertaining Meal on Friday evening.

Hopefully Tim (Having won a NOT award) will be along later to add his thanks to you all.

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com
Hey ... I just posted here and it's not come up!

So, once again ...

Thanks for great night with most entertaining prizegiving.

Thanks also for the outrageously expensive 2009 logbook and for the state of the art return navigation device. I will treasure them forever. Well, in my memory at least!

SwedishLass

Visit site
Late on parade as usual, thanks from Min and I to Neil et al for a great evening. Next year hopefully able to avoid wheeled transport and enjoy laying down a few spirits. Great time, great company perhaps another winter walk to the chequers?