Laptop mouse pad

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Just fired up the laptop (boats one for nav) but mouse pad won't work! I did get water on it recently but it has been fine since , is there something simple to fix it or do i need a remote mouse? lacking on USB ports though, they are all taken up with GPS, radar etc.Only hole left is a female 15 pin!

billskip

Visit site
you can get an adapter to change from usb to fit your "15 pin female port" , that is of course , that the 15pin female port is for conection of external hardware ! maybe it isnt /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ShaunG

Visit site
Quite a common problem i am afraid. You can resolve it most of the time by powering the laptop off, remove the battery, press and keep held the power button, Refit the battery, keep the power button pressed for a further 5 seconds.

Now start your laptop normally. Basically the touchpads suffer from static electricity build up and the above routine discharges it.

Most user manuals have this procedure but as usual it is hidden in the small print on a cd somewhere.

Good luck

Shaung

rhumlady

Visit site
The 15 pin plug is VGA for an external monitor, nothing to do with mouses but most laptops do have a round seven pin green mouse/keyboard port. Otherwise a USB hub would do the job. I turn off the touch pad in the bios because I think they are cr*p. As a compuuter engineer we are always getting them back and having to replace them.

tudorsailor

zebahdy.blogspot.co.uk
Here's a curious thing. My Toshiba laptop has recently stoppped reading CD-ROM while still running DVDs. I have tried lots of cures - no success. Tried the remove battery trick and now its reading CD-ROMs again. Weird but good

TudorDoc