Lady Lindsays Lawn

oldgit

Visit site
We always seemed to arrive to find it clogged with livaboards and boats out for the day.
Days/times to avoid, when best to attempt to a find an overnight mooring ?

Dave1966

Visit site
I went past a few weeks ago and it appeared that the mooring “allowed/not allowed” sign has been moved upstream a fair bit and there was a lot more space available

Quint

Visit site
I sometimes stay overnight if l can find a space ! Leave the next day , and when I return in a week or so I often find some of the boats, mainly the narrow boats haven’t moved from the last time I was there ! There used to be a guy that came round in the mornings to check whether Boats had outstayed their welcome. Obviously this doesn’t happen anymore. Ps is it just me or is the river just becoming bumper-to-bumper with Narrowboats 🤔

oldgit

Visit site
I went past a few weeks ago and it appeared that the mooring “allowed/not allowed” sign has been moved upstream a fair bit and there was a lot more space available
That sounds promising.
Always a bit reluctant to park in the "No Boats" section while waiting for a gap to appear.

Last edited:

Quint

Visit site
The last time I was at LLL about three weeks ago I witnessed a group of school kids kicking and ripping down the mooring sign and throwing it into the river !!!

SkylarkX

Visit site
Having read the posts a couple of weeks ago I thought I would visit LLL to see if there was a mooring spot for 24hrs.
I arrived a 12 and there was one narrow boat and one cruiser. Now there are 2 narrowboats and 5 cruisers and a couple of gaps.
The big signs are still up but all the signs referring to 24hr mooring are gone.
This is my first visit to LLL for 5 years and it is how I remember it.

Chris_d

Visit site
Whats the big appeal of Lady Lindseys lawn? have to say in decades of boating on the Thames I think I have only stopped there once in the 70's as a kid. Am I missing something? :D

SkylarkX

Visit site
I was just trying to join in as it a nice place to stop.
Let’s move on to the brilliant water points.

Attachments

• IMG_3253.jpeg
    IMG_3253.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 26