Knock knock. Can I come in?

nathanlee

Visit site
Good evening,

I have decided that unless I actually get off my backside and do something about it, I'll be forever cursed with dreaming.

As such, I emailed Mr Southby-Tailyour a couple of weeks ago, but have not yet had a reply. If anybody knows him personally, I'd very much be grateful if you could give him a nudge towards his inbox. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've absolutely decided in my mind what I want to do, but until I get that confirmation it's not quite real. Still dream-esque, if that makes sense.

Cheers,

Nathan

CPD

Visit site
You dont need permission as such, to enter, there are no rules as such, and the fact that you have already asked if you can, would indicate that you have already made your mind up which is the important bit. Now you should tell as many people as you can that you are entering it to make it harder for you to back out. Let the preparations begin ..................................

Oh, and good luck !!!!!!

Ceirwan

Visit site
Glad to hear your going for it! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Your statement seems a little melodramatic!

CPD

Visit site
My god, absolutely no backing out now then !!!!!. The next do is the dinner in January. Email Roger Taylor who is the non-organiser of this non-event for details. He is a lovely chap and will try and fit you in I'm sure. I guess most of the 2008 skippers will be there. A good place for meeting those of a similar inclination, and almost certainly realising what an enormous mistake you have just made /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nathanlee

Visit site
Thank you all for the welcome. I meant to be at the September meet but I'd just put my boat in the water and some very big and totally unexpected bills so couldn't afford to get there.

And, Ceirwan, of course it's melodramatic /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ... actually, that was not at all intentional, it's just how I write, but it is probably in no small part down the the fact that I'm am bloody nervous about it. When it comes down to it I'm sure I'll think, what was all the fuss about. The first time I went up into the hills of Lake district I was told that its very, very dangerous and I shouldn't go because the weather can change at any moment. I didn't know better and I was a bit worried. I went anyway, of course, and in all honesty I'd laugh at anybody that told me that now. It can be nasty on a bad day, but as long as you have a brain, you'll be fine. Probably.

Still, it beats being worried over the results of the X-factor, any day.

helixkimara

Visit site
Welcome. Ya nutter, You do realise wé´re all a bit mad !
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jesterchallenger

Visit site
Nathan, welcome to the Jester Challenge! The hardest part is making the personal decision and committment to do it. The second hardest part is telling the wife/girlfriend/partner/significant other. The third hardest part is getting the boat and yourself, properly prepared, to the start line. The fourth hardest part is walking away from the boat after you both get home safely. The rest is all fun! So you've done the hardest bit, it's all down hill from now on.

Look forward to meeting you at the London dinner.

Noddy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome. Ya nutter, You do realise wé´re all a bit mad !
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

SPEAK FER YERSELF YE LANDLUBBERLY SWAB!

CHILDISH AND PETTY I MAY BE. BUT I AINT MAD

AAAARGH JIM LAD.

ME HEARTIES ME HEARTIES.

No thankyou Nurse - I'm fine!

Jake

N/A
www.jkcartoons.co.uk
Hi Nathan

Great to have another Corri owner heading for the start line! I notice you don't have a floor in your boat. Mine is an integral moulding, but I'm chopping it out to add some strength and make some more watertight compartments.

If you've never met the Jesters, you're in for a pleasant surprise...I think. You do have to be a bit mad, but in a wonderfully eccentric way. Hope to meet you in January!

Have to agree with you about Rogers book. It's a sailing classic.

Thanks for the links to Keep Turning Left. What a gold mine. The guy has a great presenters voice and a superb script. The editing is amazingly slick.

Hope the refit goes well, and I'll keep dipping in to your blog!