Kiwis 3 love down

Spacewaist

blog.mailasail.com
Presumably on Lake Lucerne

If Bertarelli wins it will be on behalf of Societe Nautique de Geneve, Switzerland. Presumably, they will want to challenge in home waters......... It's a bit fluky in them thar hills.

A pontification from the Panjandrum of orotund bloviation AD2002

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Ireland gets my vote
or Peelyweely????????
hang on they haven't won it yet

<font color=red>Ok brain let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.</font color=red>

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Re: Presumably on Lake Lucerne

It's in the deed of gift that racing takes place on the sea or water connected by "an arm of the sea". Unless the river Rhine qualifies they don't have any choice.

Jeremy_W

Visit site
That\'s not how I read the Deed of Gift

The holders of the AC shall accept challenges from "any organised YC ... having for its annual regatta an ocean water-course on the sea or on an arm of the sea..."

So disorganised yacht clubs are excluded :)
The decision on whether a YC holds [NOT "plans to if victorious"] an acceptable regatta, and by extension whether its home waters are permissible as a venue in the case of victory, would have been made years ago when Alinghi first entered the contest. Their entry was accepted, as entries from the Great Lakes were accepted in the Nineneenth Century.

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Oohh yes, PW, then they would have to dredge down another 5 metres or so giving lots of access, all funded by the EU! SWMBO could be a Grinder for one team, or even two!

<hr width=100% size=1>