Kit Boats

Stationmaster

Visit site
A friend and I used to have a Sheetland 2250SS, which was largely homebuilt with a KAD43 on Duoprops. Great fun, 42 kts, but now giving new owners equal pleasure. We want to build another fun, 22-25ft, day cruiser and have a brand new Volvo V8 petrol engine/outdrive to put in it. Do any of you know of a "kit" we can buy for home assembly?

ThreeSummers

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you know of a "kit" we can buy for home assembly?

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome,

Does it have to be a kit, or will plans do? I'm building from plans from these guys: www.bateau.com.

They do sell pre-cut kits in the US, but the only real difference without a kit is measuring and cutting for yourself - really quite a small part of the whole process.

Regards,

Wobb.

Stationmaster

Visit site
Thanks guys. Ideally, we're looking for a regular production boat, which hasn't been assembled. In fact, just like the Shetland we used to have and, no, we hadn't considered the Coronet 21:), but thanks anyway. Something like an unassembled Sealine S25 would be great, but where am I going to find something like that?

Stationmaster

Visit site
Thanks Pete
Bayhunter 460 looks lovely but it's half the size we're looking for. I think I'll make enquiries with them and see if they make a biggeer kit.