Kiparissia Harbour. Is it OK?

Max K

N/A
Visit site
We have visited this harbour several times both before and after the expansion. However, we heard a rumour that the new outer wall was severely damaged recently. Can anyone confirm this (or refute) and has it affected the harbour's shelter.

Max.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
The out wall has been damage for a while now .when stayed there last in April it hasn't change any from the year before , shelter we found stil good , we tend to anchor in the middle but you can use the NE wall , there a water tap alone the wall , free harbour .
Hope my english is enough for you to under stand ,what o wrote , haha

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
"...outer wall has been damage for a while now..."

Is it damaged, or was it just never finished? I enquire because I think we were perhaps one of the first yachts in there after the outer wall was complete; I recall advising of the addition on this and other forums in about 2007 or 2008, along the lines of 'not finished, but high enough to keep the prevailing seas out'. We were next there in about 2011 and that outer wall didn't look a whole lot nearer to completion then.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
"...outer wall has been damage for a while now..."

Is it damaged, or was it just never finished? I enquire because I think we were perhaps one of the first yachts in there after the outer wall was complete; I recall advising of the addition on this and other forums in about 2007 or 2008, along the lines of 'not finished, but high enough to keep the prevailing seas out'. We were next there in about 2011 and that outer wall didn't look a whole lot nearer to completion then.

No it damage , lumps have falling into the sea and the quay has broken away , but the harbour safe , we been in there when it been blowing hard and have had no problems .