Kingsferry Bridge closed for a day

GrahamS

Visit site
It was frustrating to arrive from Conyer at the Kingsferry Bridge yesterday to find it was not operating. Our VHF calls on the approach had gone unanswered. Almanacs carried no contact phone number and it has taken a great deal of searching of the internet today to unearth an unconfirmed phone contact number (01795 423627).

To whom were warnings of the closure were given by British Rail? The marina operators at Conyer passed on no warning - were they informed? I will be contacting them to see.

The waste of fuel in retracing my route and the lost opportunity of having a short rest at Queenborough before rendezvousing with the flood tide at Medway entrance was not appreciated.

Cantata

Visit site
The NM was the source of the news added to the ECP web site, removed from there late yesterday once the bridge was operating again. If we spot that kind of NM we will always endeavour to include it on the website.
I don't know if Thames CG were including the closure in their MSI broadcasts yesterday, I would have thought they should have been.
And the phone number for the bridge is in 'East Coast Pilot'.

Last edited: