Kicker for Westerly Centaur

G

I have just bought my first yacht (Westerly Centaur) and have only now noticed that there is no Kicker from the Boom to the foot of the mast. Although there is roller reefing onto the boom I am led to believe that you can get some sort of horseshoe shaped clampt to put onto the boom so that a kicker can be used, this I have seen on other older yachts? But, those that have given me this information have not been able to point me in the direction of where I would buy something like this. Does anyone out there know where to start looking?

G

I also have a Centaur on which I have replaced the roller reefing to slab reefing. However, if you need a 'Claw Ring' for your roller reefing boom, take a look at Cruisermarts' web site WWW.YACHTPEOPLE.COM who have the very thing; the catalogue number is 37001 priced at £39.99. Hope this helps. John

G

Welcome to the herd! (of Centaurs). I've always preffered slab reefing & this was the first modification I made. Speaking to other ownersrolling the sail onto the boom spoils the set & shape of the sail. Save your money & invest in conerting to slab, it's quicker & U can laed all the controls back to the cockpit.