Kad32/Ad31 raw water pump

fuzzy748

Visit site
Kad32/ Ad31 raw water pump, Does anyone know the purpose of the o ring that sits along with the spacer between the two seals ( oil and water ), I understand both seals and the plastic spacer with castellations, the o ring appears to sit inside the castellations , is it some form of “flinger” to throw either oil or water out depending on which seal has failed as it doesn’t fit snugly to anything, the reason I ask is that the o ring on my pump has managed to get partially tucked inside the water seal and caused a leak,
Thanks as always to all who respond

Plum

Visit site
Kad32/ Ad31 raw water pump, Does anyone know the purpose of the o ring that sits along with the spacer between the two seals ( oil and water ), I understand both seals and the plastic spacer with castellations, the o ring appears to sit inside the castellations , is it some form of “flinger” to throw either oil or water out depending on which seal has failed as it doesn’t fit snugly to anything, the reason I ask is that the o ring on my pump has managed to get partially tucked inside the water seal and caused a leak,
Thanks as always to all who respond
Yes, that O-ring stops any water that leaks past the water lip seal from running along the shaft, making it drip off, and getting near the oil seal. I am not convinced of its necessity. however, it should not be loose on the shaft and certainly should not be able to move along the shaft and touch the back of a lip seal. Sound like your O-ring was the wrong size. This is the drawing of the AD41 pump which I expect is the same and below is the parts list showing the size of the o-ring
1.jpeg

2.jpeg

Last edited:

fuzzy748

Visit site
There it is 👍, o ring should be 15.3 id, the ones in the aftermarket kits are clearly 16mm I’d and a loose fit on the shaft, I’ll grab the correct one and reassemble
Thank you