Jimi's boat: England v Scotland II

zefender

Visit site
Re: Jimi\'s boat: England v Scotland II

Since I'll be at 'the event' that weekend on a fellow fat arsed lederhosen bot, you can always sail in my wake for additional speed advantage. As a 2nd gen Irishman, perhaps we could be working towards a marine equivilent of the six nations?

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site

Hm. Not sure how great this is gonna go down with a little french lad who has never been to the uk before....Oi, but he's french! Yeah, but are you sure you're Irish? Oh yes. Ah, but what about your wife? See? She's out. and so on..

anyway, I wd be pleased to have any assistance possible. Sounds as though I am to get no blimmin handicap advantage from jimi at all! So I will have to bumble along with a 1 foot advantage in a racewise crappo bav 34 (non swing keel version)

jimi

Visit site

Well I'm handicapped anyway with whatever crew I get, it'll either be the family who are sassenach or half sassenach, or it'll be a load of drunken scots. Wonder if the welsh cannonman from Anglesey is available .. hmmm

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Thats it.... wer\'r finished

Drunken ye shay - yous is on yer own pallie - ah wiz fu'prepared tae len a hond but jings tha's no ra case noo - but dinnae come hame if ye dinnae pulverise ra wee scaldie.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

jimi

Visit site
Re: Thats it.... wer\'r finished

Och haud yer wheest, Ah'm jist trying tae manage expectations! Ah'm shoor we kin live doon tae whitever we talk up!

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com

Well possibly, although you might need some Trauma counselling afterwards if it is anything like my T-bone last year, on balance best to use less obvious tactics as suggested.

Of course if these fail there are plenty of supply ships leaving Sarfampton and you could blag the odd missile or torpedo from them. Mining his berth or limpet mines are not recommended as he is not a member of greenpeace.

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site

Ah - ye threw me fer a while there - ah wiz thinkin ye wiz makin excuses fer in case ye wiz stuffed - ah see noo its a sikylugikal game yer playin, jings Jamesie, youse is as slape as bag o' haggis
Dy'e see yersel sharing ra fiver wi yer pals once its safe in yer honds?

Claymore

claymore

Visit site

Jings - youse lot is nae goin tae win - we can see everythin yer sayin sae we'll be able tae coontercat yez, nae bother.
Ye big English Morris Dancin Jessies, will youse be wearing they bells aroon yer wee whities and they daft floors aroon yer bunnets?

Claymore

david_e

Re: Looking at our plans

Oh sh*t, forgot about that.

(tee hee, silly bugger doesn't realise that this is just a smoke screen and tcm has hired Ben Ainslie for the customary grand a day:) )

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: Notice to Mariners

Vessels passing E through the solent on the evening of Saturday 10th May 2003 should be aware that E Lepe Buoy may be augmented by two very dented AWBs, and the bell may be inaudible above the shouting.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: I have been wondering

it mayn only be me
but jimi has a vaguely familiar look about him.

i think he might be a distant relation to ellen macarthur. the close cropped hair , the windswept distracted look, the piggy nose.

looking at ellens biog the other night i reckon he may be some distant uncle or summat. obviuosly there is a shared scottish ancestry. i was also reading that one night ellen had to sleep in her garden. jimi to has slept in the garden many times, probably, sometimes not even his own.

the ability to scrounge gear. i mean who other than the most desperate to gain every knot available would get a charter cruising chute? knowing the vitriol it would bring as you pass other boats by.

all this talk of ym and obsession with col regs. it is all a dead giveaway.

His boat name clara rose. he is obviously a racing outfit backed, to a not unsubstantial amount, by a scottish tea room or knit wear designer.

this all does not bode well for the showdown in the solent.

you must step up a bav size to avoid humiliation and hire a professional crew.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

tcm

Visit site

aargh. I knew it was a trap. I will ring the charter company and see what I can do about a larger vessel with polished hull. Mind you, I am sure that EM said her parents knew sod all about sailing? - but I suppose that proves that you're right! But as for professional crew - that newbie woman thrashed them all in a race riound the cans so mebbe not worth it? Unless this frenchie is secretly related to erm somebody french really good at sailing. Oh god you have got me worried, so I'll have to crunch him earlier rather than later.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site

ye'll no ge a smell o yon fiver

once it is in jamsies clutches its thair foriver

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

ParaHandy

Visit site

Ah can feel the second sight comin’ oan. Ah ken yon bauchle wid be sair on a canny few fair glaiks, dae ye nae think? Whae’s setting the course? Tha shud get thon mollaching aboot. Thon puddocks would’nae ken yin frae anither. Ah think ma fiver’s safe an orra way tae the lifeboatmen …..

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

Location, location, location

Where has Jimi gone, he's not been seen for two hours.

Has he got a secret bunker in the bilges and gone into hiding.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: Location, location, location

he's sat reading ben ainslies laser campaign
in the hope he can pick upsome tips.

he's probably going to convert the jackstays to foot straps for the kids and wife to hang off./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

jimi

Visit site
Re: Location, location, location

I'm advertising for like minded souls to crush the might of Matthew's army. What's leebowing? Can anybody do it?

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site

thats the tactis
crunch him

give Di the helm, instruct her loudly so jimi can hear, not to worry about col regs as it is only a charter boat. jimi will shy away and at worst you can force him to tack.