Jeanneau Prestige 32 Flybridge - opinions?

timv

Visit site
yes I looked at these too because of the shaft drive , I really want a 36 but not sure I can quite stretch to the 36 unfortunately . Does anyone have any opinion on if there is a big difference between the two ? - Other than the 4 feet of course !!

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
yes I looked at these too because of the shaft drive , I really want a 36 but not sure I can quite stretch to the 36 unfortunately . Does anyone have any opinion on if there is a big difference between the two ? - Other than the 4 feet of course !!
Nice boats but from my engineering point of view both models have shocking access to vital service items which means some jobs are impossible without boat construction surgery, most have kad44 which means access to remove valve covers is difficult on the port engine. Good value for money though . I look after a few of these models.

timv

Visit site
thanks Paul - the ones I looked at in both the 32 and 36ft had 300 in them -285 HP ? .Are these even worse and is there any better access in the bigger boat ? Thanks again-
sorry chuzzlewit for jumping in with questions.

alt

Visit site
I was VERY close to purchasing, but was put off with lack of access to engines (VP mentioned above); this was simply a non runner for me.

Momac

Visit site
All very well having shaft drive but no use at all if the engines are inaccessible.

The kad32's on my Sealine F33 are very accessible.
Both engines serviced in just a mornings work , - including new belts , impellers etc. - But it's sterndrive of course.

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
thanks Paul - the ones I looked at in both the 32 and 36ft had 300 in them -285 HP ? .Are these even worse and is there any better access in the bigger boat ? Thanks again-
sorry chuzzlewit for jumping in with questions.
Kad 300 same base motor in my view the 36 is worse access than the 32 for some reason , rear of port engine dire access without removing the bulkhead . It also amazes me where they have fitted probably the most vital service item the port pre filter , I must have been fitted before the bulkhead went in!! It also rubs against the exhaust hose on some I've seen , bonkers!! I'm not against these boats but a while back a certain dealer advised his client not to use my services to survey and sea trial one of his boat simply because of my view on construction saying I was too negative about the product.

beejay190

Visit site
Friends have a P32 on shafts with 2 x D4 260. Nice boat. I dont know whether engine access is less of a problem than boats with KAD series engines, but I understand that D series engines are smaller in size than KAD series engines. I could be wrong on this tho.

RIN

Visit site
We have a Prestige 32 with KAMD300's, new to us this year and are delighted with it. The master bedroom is large with access to the sides of the bed, the guest bedroom is a decent size. The cabin itself is large (coming from a Princess 286) being a flybridge and airy with great views from the lower helm. Did look at a Sealine F33 but felt the layout was a bit tired and the vis from the lower helm poor. We have already been across the channel and the boat handled everything perfectly. Driving from the flybridge an absolute delight.

Access to the engines is a little resticted, but NO MORE OUTDRIVES TO WORRY ABOUT:) This more than makes up for the restricted access. Access to stbd engine fuel/oil filters good, access to port filters by kneeling down and accessing through the port cabin seating upside down (easier than it sounds). Impellers easy to get at, Raw water and bulkhead fuel filters very easy from the (enormous) lazerette. The only thing that might be difficult is changing some of the belts

Oh and did I say NO MORE OUTRDIVES TO WORRY ABOUT:encouragement: So cheaper servicing!

mlthomas

www.yachtconosur.com
We had a P32 (2006 model with the larger swim platform) for three years before switching to sail. Had the D4 260 HP engines, some engine service parts on the port engine were a fiddle from memory. But given the amount of time you spend on the boat not in the engine compartment it was hardly a hardship. Every boat has compromises and a 32 fly I would say was the saloon which was ok for the two of us but became a bit cramped if you like entertaining a lot

A_8

Visit site
Don't know the P32 specifically but own a P34 (similar hull for the first 32 feet) since many years and have looked at quite a few larger prestige models over the years. I find them quite well though through and there is usually a twist to what might look like something not so good to some.

2 examples from my P34, the water heater is under the sink in the kitchen. Bad news is it takes up space but the good news is how quickly you get hot water out of the taps which is actually very convenient and saves water.
Some think it's a bit tight getting to the front of the Kad type engines changing belts etc, I think it's just fine but if you don't there are hatches that you open from the large lazarette which gives you great access.

In general I think the prestige boats have a very smart and innovative approach to their design but you sometimes have to break outside the box to figure out how to get access to some parts of the boat.
I have not done it yet but it looks like I can get both tanks out without cutting up the grp or removing the engines which is not very common.

Mikehp0

Visit site
I've had Morning Star, my 2003 Prestige 32 for three seasons but am now selling her to get something bigger - Morning Star has given us the cruising bug. I've modernised her by removing all the rather dated Jeanneau green antifoul, covers, rubbing strake etc and I've fitted new plotters, radar, AIS and sonar electronics (designed after the world had got used to the iPad's user experience - the previous stuff was probably modelled on Windows '95!).

I've done 200 hours in those three seasons, mainly pottering about but including Poole to Fowey and back each summer. Morning Star hadn't been used for a while before I bought her and needed her cooling system flushing out during my first season to keep those temperature gauge needles from creeping closer to the red line than was ideal. Other than that, she's been great. Good handling, takes rough weather in her stride and cruises at 22-24knots all day. Annoyingly, she tops out at a consistent 29knots and never 30knots! She has a great flybridge and decent accommodation for a relatively small boat.

Morning Star has the Volvo KAMD300 6-cylinder engines which are very torquey and sound great. A friend has a similar boat with the four cylinder D4s and they just don't sound as good, run as smoothly or give the same amount of go in my opinion. The engine access and servicing issues aren't a problem. Routine cooling and oil checks are straightforward once you know which floor planks to lift. Anything more than that was Berthon's job and I never heard them complain.

I've created a website with photo, videos and more information - see http://www.prestige32.com/

Secondhand prices for Prestige 32s are all over the place. I paid a really good price for mine and because I've found something else I want to buy, am happy to sell on what I hope is a really good price.

Always happy to chat to prospective owners or share experiences with current owners.

Mike

Last edited:

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
I've had Morning Star, my 2003 Prestige 32 for three seasons but am now selling her to get something bigger - Morning Star has given us the cruising bug. I've modernised her by removing all the rather dated Jeanneau green antifoul, covers, rubbing strake etc and I've fitted new plotters, radar, AIS and sonar electronics (designed after the world had got used to the iPad's user experience - the previous stuff was probably modelled on Windows '95!).

I've done 200 hours in those three seasons, mainly pottering about but including Poole to Fowey and back each summer. Morning Star hadn't been used for a while before I bought her and needed her cooling system flushing out during my first season to keep those temperature gauge needles from creeping closer to the red line than was ideal. Other than that, she's been great. Good handling, takes rough weather in her stride and cruises at 22-24knots all day. Annoyingly, she tops out at a consistent 29knots and never 30knots! She has a great flybridge and decent accommodation for a relatively small boat.

Morning Star has the Volvo KAMD300 6-cylinder engines which are very torquey and sound great. A friend has a similar boat with the four cylinder D4s and they just don't sound as good, run as smoothly or give the same amount of go in my opinion. The engine access and servicing issues aren't a problem. Routine cooling and oil checks are straightforward once you know which floor planks to lift. Anything more than that was Berthon's job and I never heard them complain.

I've created a website with photo, videos and more information - see http://www.prestige32.com/

Secondhand prices for Prestige 32s are all over the place. I paid a really good price for mine and because I've found something else I want to buy, am happy to sell on what I hope is a really good price.

Always happy to chat to prospective owners or share experiences with current owners.

Mike

Mike, that's a very nice boat, well presented and I assume competitively priced. Should sell quickly.

Pete

Mikehp0

Visit site
Mike, that's a very nice boat, well presented and I assume competitively priced. Should sell quickly.

Pete

Thanks Pete. I hope so!

I've bought a £600 DJI phantom 3 standard drone and I've used it to get some great action photos and videos of my boat. It has a "follow me" mode - just launch it, set it up, start the camera and drive as fast as possible! See:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B045qXGF1IWxLJ

Old Harry Rocks or Mallorca? You decide...

Bubblegtt

www.motacar.com

Mike

That is just the boat that I'm looking for!!

Just got to sell my Merry Fisher 855 first though :(