Jeanneau 38 as livaboard

V1701

Visit site
If it's the late '80s Tony castro one it'll be fine, I lived on a same vintage Castro designed Sun Dream 28 quite happily. My first boat in fact...(y)

dankilb

Visit site
If it's the late '80s Tony castro one it'll be fine, I lived on a same vintage Castro designed Sun Dream 28 quite happily. My first boat in fact...(y)
Ah, I omitted Sunshine - assumed too sporty.

To the 80s list we could also add the Gin Fizz at 37’.

It really is a guessing game now!

Baggywrinkle

Ammersee, Bavaria / Adriatic & Free to roam Europe
Visit site
Depends entirely on your friends expectations of what "liveaboard" means. As you probably already know, you can live on pretty much any boat. What are they expecting? If they want a microwave, espresso machine, washing machine, permanent hot showers, TV, air conditioning etc. then I'd say it's a bit small, if not then it's doable.

I'd say 37 is about the limit where fitting a generator/air-con/watermaker becomes a challenge, as does fitting the solar required to run a big lithium bank - may need to sacrifice a cabin - I sold my Bav36 because I hit a wall with space for these things and having a washing machine was non-negotiable. I'm looking for a fat ar$ed AWB between 42 and 45 ft as a med liveaboard.

Neeves

Visit site
I'd say 37 is about the limit where fitting a generator/air-con/watermaker becomes a challenge, as does fitting the solar required to run a big lithium bank - may need to sacrifice a cabin - I sold my Bav36 because I hit a wall with space for these things and having a washing machine was non-negotiable. I'm looking for a fat ar$ed AWB between 42 and 45 ft as a med liveaboard.
Ah!

You mean a catamaran :) but are afraid to say so :)

Jonathan

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Isn't it. Didn't Lara Dekker have a Gin Fizz? If so if it'll sail RTW I think it would be suitable...:)

There's, IMHO, a considerable difference between sailing a boat and living on a boat.

Open 40s regularly circle the globe, but doubt many would consider them suitable as a liveaboard.