JCOMM is dead. Long live WWMIWS

franksingleton

weather.mailasail.com
The Joint Commission for Oceanogrsphy and Marine Meteorology is now, last year, dead. Their website has been replaced by WMO-IMO WWMIWS. This is an excellent source of High Seas and NAVTEX weather messages worldwide. Its main drawback is that, although you can bookmark URLs for Metareas, you cannot do so for individual bulletins. That is not a problem with good internet access but will be an expensive pain if you are on the High Seas and using satcoms. Using email over HF/SSB, it will be no help at all.
There is a discussion at WMO documents access by email which is related but, in my view, not directly so.

franksingleton

weather.mailasail.com
There are some static URLs in the "bulletinsets" item in the left-hand menu. Gives you the High Seas forecast for your chosen metarea
As far as I can see, the static URLs, as I said, only get you to the menu for the area. OK with internet connection allowing use of a browser. The Saildocs text retrieval needs the URL of the actual forecast. Using a stphone, thst might not be too costly. With HF/SSB and s modem, no use st all.

Black Sheep

Visit site
Last edited: