JC2010 start (lots of photos)

Noddy

Visit site
Here are some photos wot I took:

Some of the fleet in QAB - Others parked at more affordable venues and joined on the day
IMGP2027.jpg

Trevor Looking thoughtful:
IMGP2094.jpg

John briefing his stowaway:
IMGP2032.jpg

Duncan - glad to be away
IMGP2043.jpg

Tim heading west:
IMGP2079.jpg

Roger enjoying the day:
IMGP2068.jpg

Dennis getting into good habits:
IMGP2050.jpg

The Scottish entry:
IMGP2044.jpg

A thoughtful spectator boat:
IMGP2064.jpg

Hope they are of interest. Lots of other entries Wish them all luck.

Paul

Noddy

Visit site
Malcolme,

In QAB they were saying it was 22. But in the usual Jester chaos (no rules is still best) there were people turning up at the last minute and loads of spectator boats at the start so 22 is my best guess.

I think that centring the event at QAB might be an issue as they get hit with proper marina charges and a lot of these guys are on a tight budget.

No doubt Sandra, Ewen and the Jester machine will come up with a more reliable number in due course.

Cheers
Paul
Sat in his office: sick sick sick .... No really; gutted.... Think I'll photocopy my arse and fax it to someone. Might get fired - you never know your luck.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Brilliant, thank you for sharing them. Was that a Westerly Nomad atthe back on the pontoon in the first picture? I see there is a W21 in the pack too, excellent - I just wish I had the balls to go & do it myself.

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Brilliant. A 44 year old bilge keeler - but he isn't the first, a couple of other 22's and at least one Tiger have gone Trans-At but when they were much newer. I hope that dinghy is still there when he arrives! Would you mind if I put a link to that pic on the W22/Nomad site? Naturally I will credit you - if only by forum name! :rolleyes:

Independence

Visit site
Just been on the Oceantrack website.........again!! Looks as though 24 boats started although can't see any positions yet.

Fluffy gave me a link to his SPOT site and seems to be making good progress and I would guess from the start he got and the progress we saw him make is probably still in the lead at this stage.

alexrunic

Visit site
forgive me for being stupid but how do you get this years info in the ocean track website i can only seem to find charts for 2006?