Jabsco Water Pump

Ian_Rob

Visit site
I have just replaced my old water pump with the model recommended by Jabsco (Par Max 0401J-115S-3A). The new pump is significantly noisier than its predecessor. I am not sure what type of motor it has but is it possible to de-rate the pump electrically so it runs more slowly?

Ian_Rob

Visit site
I am 99% sure that the rubber feet are correct and that the pump isn’t making contact but I will check this when I am next on board. It has a higher flow rate so perhaps additional noise is to be expected…….

OCuea

Visit site
I am 99% sure that the rubber feet are correct and that the pump isn’t making contact but I will check this when I am next on board. It has a higher flow rate so perhaps additional noise is to be expected…….
If a greater flow rate I suspect you are correct. I agree with checking rubber feet or even going for something softer.

Ian_Rob

Visit site
If a greater flow rate I suspect you are correct. I agree with checking rubber feet or even going for something softer.
I went for the replacement model recommended by Jabsco. It was quite expensive and hence my question as to whether it can be de-rated electrically in some way to run more slowly and hopefully more quietly. Not sure if that is feasible or not. I was thinking that if the motor is brushless - and I don’t know that it is - that a brushless motor controller might allow the speed to be reduced a bit.