Jabsco Toilet Service

trevor

Visit site
I have an old type manual toilet (29090-0000) I recently stripped the pump for service, I found that the base valve gasket needed replacement so obtained a major service kit.
The original part has a large brass weight, however, the part in the kit has only a thick rubber moulding.
Does anyone know which part is correct? I now suspect that the service kit may have been gathering dust in the chandlers for some time!!
Thanks.

ballena

Visit site
I carried out the same service a couloe of months ago, as far as I can remember the new base gasket/valve were identical to the original and had the large brass weight.

I think that you may have the wrong kit or a defective part.

I ordered my kit from Seamark Nunn, they delivered it next day, there is a link on the ybw shopping quay page.

Regards

Paul R

GrahamC

Visit site
Hi Trevor
Several of our Club members looked at repairs to aging marine toilets and the consensus is that the kits are expensive and you still have an old loo, so the sound advice is to bin it and fit a new one that will last several years.
This why you find plenty secondhand ones at Boat Jumbles, don't be tempted, they are there for a reason, they are junk.
Regards
Graham

Bejasus

Visit site
Nothing wrong with my large bowl (29090-0000). I just fitted a new kit and the only problem was that I broke the lower circlip on the rod due to over vigourous pumping and the upper 'O' ring was leaking. Pain as the circlips were not supplied in the kit. No problem as I found a reasonably local automotive stores which had stainless ones. The originals are plain steel. Toilet now works perfectly. Kit supplied by ASAP & was not expensive.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.asap-supplies.co.uk/>http://www.asap-supplies.co.uk/</A>

newyearw2.gif

samwise

kalessin-of-orwell.blogspot.com
I spoke to the Jabsco people at theBoat Show last week about repairs and servicing for old loos. They still have overhaul kits and parts in stock, but they said once they've gone, that's it.
The advice was that if the unit develops a major fault, junk it. As a previous poster said, the difference between repair and replacement with a new unit is neither here nor there and at least you can be guaranteed a more reliable supply of bits.

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Re: lower circlip

There is a Mod Kit to replace the rod assy with a rod that has a threded end and two nuts. Its expensive, so I would either buy a dye or take it to your local friendly engineering works to have about 3cm of thread put on the end.

alanporter

Visit site
Re: lower circlip

I don't know what the Jabsco policy is in the U.K., but over here in Canada Jabsco will replace the circlip fitted piston with a threaded one free of charge. Perhaps you should contact their customer service department.

Alan Porter