Jabsco Lite down the pan urine taker

Scotty_Tradewind

Me: South Oxfordshire. Boat, Galicia NW Spain
Visit site
I've never had to explain the Lavac to anyone - it comes with a small instruction sticker which, as I don't have illiterates on board, has been sufficient and in all the years that I´ve used them one has never blocked although I suppose it would be possible if someone were to try really hard.

Lavac? is that the type that has a seal around the seat and leaves it all wet after flushing?
I serviced and rejuvinated my old Jabsco last w/e with a complete new pump unit, a new seat and lid, pipework and a seacock, in just three hours. And the instructions are simple and illustrated and it was terrific value for money as SWMBO approves!
I just wish some blokes who sail occassionally would learn not to spray such a mess !!!!!!

Last edited:

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I fitted a Jabsco Lite at the beginning of this season and am delighted with it. It has been used daily for three months and has given absolutely no trouble. I have a siphon loop but the joker valve (or whatever is in there) holds perfectly and nothing runs back. It doesn't cope with solids (poo) in a single flush, two are usually necessary to get everything clean. Otherwise works well, no deposits as the flush volume is sufficient to dispel all urine.

It's a bit noisy in the boat but cannot be heard in the cockpit. The pump and macerator draw 12 Amps for a couple of seconds, hardly enough to make battery life a concern. As to why? completely eliminates the arthritic pain that accompanies a dozen or so strokes of the pump, very small water throughput so good for holding tank, was hardly any more money than a manual one so worth a try.

Not that impressed with a Lavac, I found waiting a minute to find out whether I needed to use the toilet brush, then another minute to check that it was completely clean, a bit of a pain. And the pump wouldn't fit in the heads.