Jabsco Electric Head Conversion Kit Question

Roy1

Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with the Jabsco Electric Head Conversion Kit, model 29200-0120. That model replaces the manual pump and uses all the existing hardware. If you lose power you can unbolt it, and replace the manual pump. It has a dial on the top that turns one way to flush and the other to pump the bowl dry. I found one at ITT for $289.00, which is a cheap conversion if it works well.

Thanks.

Roy1

Visit site
I have read post about the conversions being noisy, but was not sure if they were revering to this type, of the ones that sit directly under the toilet bowl. I will be using mine in brackish water.

HeadMistress

Visit site
I should have saved a copy of my reply to your PM to post here.

It's not my favorite toilet...it's not only noisy enough to wake the dead, but it draws a whopping 24a/flush compared to 16 for most macerating electric toilets, and has an average lifespan of only about 5 years before needing an expensive repair.

All electric toilets that use sea water are noisier than manual toilets and toilets designed to use pressurized water...'cuz contrary to popular myth, it's the intake pump that makes most of the noise (and use at least half the power...the macerator and discharge pump are actually quieter than most household toilets.

As for the ability to turn this toilet back into a manual easily if necessary...if you don't have enough power to flush the toilet, you're likely to have a lot more to worry about than that, and unlikely to have the time or inclination to do it...you're more likely to use the bucket!

If the 289 price is actually BP and not USD, it's not that much of a bargain either...in which case, I suggest you check out the Raritan SeaEra--a MUCH higher quality toilet for the same of less.

branko

Visit site
I have change 2 manual to Electric ( Conversion kit). Everything work well except NOISE . There is no way to go to toilet during night as you will woke up all Marina!