it's dead, what's it like with you?

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Kastos last night was rammed, three or four flots in, both bits of quay full and the northern beach was full of boats with long lines ashore. However, Fiskardo three nights back was near empty by usual standards: quay full but only ten or so boats with lines ashore. Abbelike was only about half full and so it goes on. The Preveza yards are looking about normal for this time of year but I'd say the flots and charter fleets haven't really started yet. As Davy said, it looks like quite a few empty boats in the Sunsail berths after changeover day last week.
We've been having our own fun time getting the boat back in shape after nine months on the hard so have kept having to go back to Velcro bay for bits. It's not too crowded there but seemed about the same as normal for the time of year. The town, however, does feel a little empty.

Davy_S

Visit site
I went to Sivota (Lefkas) last week, walked past all the Tavernas to go and have breakfast at the Family cafe, the same three annoying touts from the three tavernas just past the sailing holiday base are still touting everyone that walks past, it really bugs me and always has done, perhaps I should get a life:rolleyes:

Carmel2

Visit site
I went to Sivota (Lefkas) last week, walked past all the Tavernas to go and have breakfast at the Family cafe, the same three annoying touts from the three tavernas just past the sailing holiday base are still touting everyone that walks past, it really bugs me and always has done, perhaps I should get a life:rolleyes:

I am with you 100% In fact I won't go in if they start that mallarkey.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Look like the Russian have headed for Croatia this year , it's getting busy by the day here now , althought we anchored with just two other boats , everyone else seen to headed for the Marina ,

macd

Visit site

This year we've happened to visit two or three coastal resorts used almost entirely by Greeks. Such touting was conspicuously absent. So just act swarthy and grumble about the Troika and they'll probably leave you alone. ;)

alexsailor

Visit site
Yesterday evening Erikoussa was really busy. There was also an Italian flotila (they left in the morning, heading Italy)...
Hope there will be less charter boats in the South Ionian.
Btw: welcome onboard for a beer or two

overstag

Visit site
Around Lefkas, Keffalonia and Ithaca things are usually busy. Including an all out fist fight at 3 in the morning by a group from a Neilson flotilla in Kioni. They were breaking other people's stuff and the locals were not amused... When a local lady threatened to call the police, one of the boats even left at 3:30 am... Really disgusting stuff.
Now at Keri Bay on Zakynthos and there are 9 boats at anchor. Not too busy.

wazza

Visit site
I am in the Windward Islands currently Carriacou. More charter boat activity than I expect at this time of year but Bequia the Tobago Cays and Union Island were all pretty quiet and lots of space in the anchorages.

Can't say the same for Tyrrel Bay Carriacou which is pretty full. I had a job finding a good spot.

First day of the hurricane season and we are on to the second named storm.

I will be off with my sounding pole to check the channel into the mangroves, just in case.

Good luck to you....

wazza

Visit site
Nothing to do with boats, but a friend emailed from Corsica, she works in tourism and has said advance bookings are well down, they are bracing them selfs for a bad session.

Neighbor just got back from Turkey, 40% down on tourism there from last year...

alexsailor

Visit site
Just returned from south Peloponisos where we were anchoring alone for a few days (Sapientza) and north Ionio is busy...
Chrater boats anchoring on my bow, crazy jetskis speeding around... Well it is the peak of the summer