Is this boat stolen?

cliff

Visit site
Certainly sounds suspicous but I have sent an email:

I am interested in the boat you have advertised however along the lines of:
[ QUOTE ]

1) Do you have the original VAT receipt? (proof of VAT paid)
2) Where has she been used? (Salt water or Fresh water)
3) Any survey report? (necessary for insurance purposes)
4) Where in the UK is she lying at the moment.?
5) Would it be possible to view the boat before bidding/buying?
6) Are you the first owner?

Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

If the owner answers then maybe kosher if no reply then definitely a con IMHO.

I will post again here if I receive a reply.
----------
hammer.thumb.gif

capricorn

Visit site
Auction looks pretty dodgy to me too. Agree with the US style lettering on the bow. Also the house in the last pic doesn't look like a UK house and the Honda CRV in the background has no front plate and I think is LHD.

Seller has no knowledge of what he's selling apart from "THIS RUNS 100% AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT". I don't think I'd describe my boat in this way. No location. How the hell can you deliver a trailored sports boat "worldwide" ? English is terrible, numerous spelling and grammar errors.

Dodgy Iridium phone auction you mention sounds like Ebay ID theft. I believe they either steal accounts using some automatic password generating tool (best to have a very "strong" password for any system that can be accessed via web, certainly not the name of your wife/child/boat etc) or by one of those mails inviting you to log into a spoof ebay site with your account/password. Also agood idea to use a different password for Ebay and PAypal accounts.

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
Well, someone is bidding on it! I've sent the reference no to e-bay security for validation. Got this reply

Thank you for writing to eBay's Trust and Safety department about a current listing you would like us to investigate for potentially fraudulent activity. We are concerned about this type of activity and want to assure you that we will review your report as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.

Due to privacy concerns, we cannot discuss our investigation. You will
receive only this acknowledgement of the receipt of your report. Please
be assured, however, that we will thoroughly review the situation.

Watching with interest!!

www.seraph-apartments.com