Is this a YBW banning offense - asking about French Registry?

Alfie168

Visit site
After reading all that I now understand less than I thought I did (which wasn't much anyway) before I started.

It's a cruise round Southport marine lake again this season I think ?

Tranona

Visit site
Or register the boat in another EU country Poland being the popular option at present.
That makes no difference. Matriculation tax is related to your personal situation in respect of residence, not the boat which is just one of the assets that may be subject to tax .

Stingo

Visit site
just out of interest (as hoping to relocate to Portugal in a few years), why is it a no-no?
It´s a bureaucratic nightmare - just one example: the skipper of a Portuguese flagged boat must have the equivalent of a Portuguese Radio Operator´s licence. The exam can only be done in Portuguese, which shouldn´t be a problem if you are fluent.

Refueler

Visit site
Sim
It´s a bureaucratic nightmare - just one example: the skipper of a Portuguese flagged boat must have the equivalent of a Portuguese Radio Operator´s licence. The exam can only be done in Portuguese, which shouldn´t be a problem if you are fluent.

Similar here in Latvia .... but luckily foreign licence is accepted. If you want the Latvian - then Latvian Language Law kicks in ...

WindyWindyWindy

Visit site
Or register the boat in another EU country Poland being the popular option at present.

I just had customs on board the other day, and still expected mat. tax to be paid if the owner is resident.

But check with a lawyer, we needed to demonstrate payment or exemption for other reasons.