Is there an easy way to add a pressure switch to a Jabsco water puppy pump?

Ian_Edwards

Visit site
I have a spare Jabsco 12v Water Puppy that I want to use as a saltwater deck wash pump.
I'd like to add a pressure switch, to switch off the pump when the pump is dead headed.
I guess I'll need an inline 12v pressure switch, to switch at just less than 0.4 bar (6psi), and some plumbing to fit it together.
Has anyone done this conversion?
Which pressure switch did the use?
Was it reliable?
I could just get a pressure switch and some hose off the internet, but if anyone has done this before, it may short circuit the, buy the bits, build it, try it, realise there's a better way, modify it, cycle.

Plum

Visit site
I have a spare Jabsco 12v Water Puppy that I want to use as a saltwater deck wash pump.
I'd like to add a pressure switch, to switch off the pump when the pump is dead headed.
I guess I'll need an inline 12v pressure switch, to switch at just less than 0.4 bar (6psi), and some plumbing to fit it together.
Has anyone done this conversion?
Which pressure switch did the use?
Was it reliable?
I could just get a pressure switch and some hose off the internet, but if anyone has done this before, it may short circuit the, buy the bits, build it, try it, realise there's a better way, modify it, cycle.
I have used one of these in the past but not for salt water Whale Pressure Switch 0.5" bore 12 & 24v
Used it for 15 years before selling the boat