Is it necessary......

Judders

Visit site
That's what I thought... I dunno where this racing is, but someone shouting "retire, retire" at me is going to get pretty short shrift.

It's funny. I race at a pretty decent standard and roll my eyes at some of the b***** but then I give as good as I get too. Occasionally I'll go and do some more casual club class racing and find myself thinking 'cor, this is what I really like, why don't I buy a heavyish cruiser and just do this'.

markhomer

Visit site
That's what I thought... I dunno where this racing is, but someone shouting "retire, retire" at me is going to get pretty short shrift.

If someone shouted retire retire at me ,they would get the rubber ear ,as obviously they dont know the rules , hopefully this would enrage them further and put them off the game , if they shouted protest , well thats another matter.

However if i had infringed i would take a penalty or retire , as whats the point of racing if you dont stick to the rules .

Daydream believer

Visit site
If someone shouted retire retire at me ,they would get the rubber ear ,as obviously they dont know the rules , hopefully this would enrage them further and put them off the game , if they shouted protest , well thats another matter.

However if i had infringed i would take a penalty or retire , as whats the point of racing if you dont stick to the rules .

At the time I was really concerned-- being new to the Stella racing scene. However, I was soon put wise to the fact that Cuthbert was a club joker & most took his protestations in fun & indeed gave him short shrift. I hold no grudge as I had just been " had"
Everyone did stick to the rules though & expected others to play by them as well. I believe that to be the right approach as most took their racing seriously.