Is it barbecue season?

pmagowan

sites.google.com
I'm using charcoal briquettes, admittedly not the coobb coals

That is what you are doing wrong. Either use the cobb shaped thingies or lumpwood charcoal. The briquettes are mostly inert material and are very poor for a BBQ. Have you never noticed just how much ash they make! The Cobb things last a long time but you have less control than if you use lumpwood.

alahol2

www.troppo.co.uk
That is what you are doing wrong. Either use the cobb shaped thingies or lumpwood charcoal. The briquettes are mostly inert material and are very poor for a BBQ. Have you never noticed just how much ash they make! The Cobb things last a long time but you have less control than if you use lumpwood.

I'd agree most charcoal briquettes are total rubbish.
Good quality briquettes are OK. We usually use ones from Weber. You have to give them a good half hour to get to the right state. They leave very little ash.
Normal charcoal is quicker but we've found doesn't last as long. The Cobb ring things are good but a faff to buy.

We use the Cobb for camping, proper charcoal BBQ on the boat.

SlimRick

Visit site
We've used a rail mounted Magma charcoal barbecue for the past couple of years - no problems with any embers but I do find the cooking area a little small for a family of four. Have been tempted by the equivalent gas model but I do like the taste when cooking with charcoal.

IMG_6811.jpg