Ionian sailors

sailaboutvic

Visit site
A chance in a million
Is there anyone who in the Ionian now who has one one tho 12v dc timer relay that can be set to go on and off every so many mins and want to sell it .
Or know for sure where to buy one locally I say for sure as I don't want to be sailing from one place to another to get one .
Fridge problem again third time , yes I know of someone who can take a look and maybe fix it but the same problem keep coming back some weeks later and the only thing that worked and got it going as been a cheap Chinese timers set to go on and off every 10 mins but mine has stop working .
I seen to lose confidence in anyone getting it to work and it staying work , I can get it working my self for the same amount of time .

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Might have a 12V unit with temp. display and relay. Better than a timer as you'd set temperature instead of delay time. I'll see if I can find it. I think I bought a couple and used one. Finding it might be a challenge :D but will check after breakfast. Currently in Preveza.

Thanks for that but it won't help , I did have one of them ,
the problem is ,
if it run for any length of time it freezes the gas/'mosture or what in the pipes and then the compressor can't start again , it been vacuum out twice and re gas and works fine but after some weeks it pack up again and I don't see any point in paying 100€ plus to have it re vacuum again when all I have to do is stick some heat on the plate to get it to work ,
but the timer / relay seen to work great it keep it cold enough to keep things frozen but the length of time it's on it don't give it time to freeze up what ever in the plate although every thing in the freezer box stays frozen ,
please don't ask me why it works that way but it does .
But thanks again for the offer .

Last edited:

owen-cox

Visit site
If there is moisture in the system it will causes all sorts of log term damage. Really you need to have it properly leak checked ( usually moisture comes through a leak in the siction side refrigerant line and then have a new filter drier installed and vac and fill. Moisture can only come in through a leak and legally a system with a known leak canot be refilled.

Can yoy give me some more information on what system you have fitted and I may be able to help you with where to start looking. A thermostat should work correctly on any fridge system and if not you are just curing the symptoms and not the disease.

Moisture may end uo costing you an awful lot more than a leak check and refill.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
If there is moisture in the system it will causes all sorts of log term damage. Really you need to have it properly leak checked ( usually moisture comes through a leak in the siction side refrigerant line and then have a new filter drier installed and vac and fill. Moisture can only come in through a leak and legally a system with a known leak canot be refilled.

Can yoy give me some more information on what system you have fitted and I may be able to help you with where to start looking. A thermostat should work correctly on any fridge system and if not you are just curing the symptoms and not the disease.

Moisture may end uo costing you an awful lot more than a leak check and refill.

Hi Owen
Ok to PM you .
Vic

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
Thanks for that but it won't help , I did have one of them ,
the problem is ,
if it run for any length of time it freezes the gas/'mosture or what in the pipes and then the compressor can't start again , it been vacuum out twice and re gas and works fine but after some weeks it pack up again and I don't see any point in paying 100€ plus to have it re vacuum again when all I have to do is stick some heat on the plate to get it to work ,
but the timer / relay seen to work great it keep it cold enough to keep things frozen but the length of time it's on it don't give it time to freeze up what ever in the plate although every thing in the freezer box stays frozen ,
please don't ask me why it works that way but it does .
But thanks again for the offer .

I saw your reply soon after my message so didn't look for the unit. I'd bought it to run a cooling fan on my MPPT controller but could have managed without it as I can use the timer on the controller's load output instead.

I hope that you solve the problem soon.

Last edited:

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I saw your reply soon after my message so didn't look for the unit. I'd bought it to run a cooling fan on my MPPT controller but could have managed without it as I can use the tier on the controller's load output instead.

I hope that you solve the problem soon.
Hi
I Manage to get it working again but I know sooner or later it will stop again , Owen has been helpful and agree it moisture that's the problem , next stage , maybe fit a filter dryer as was suggested some time back last year by danfoss , should had done it over the winter months ,More money , it's been fixing one job after another this year , but hey that's boats .
Might be around Nidri over the next few days as might go to the MOA ((Moody) get together so if you see a dinghy with a bright red cover pop over for a drink .

Last edited: