Invasion of Europe

celandine

Visit site
I am proposing to invade Europe on the 10th of July. The U.S. Republican Party are all for it, but I have had great difficulty persuading the French and the Germans that this is a good idea. However I remain convinced that France possesses items of mass consumption, and I have reason to believe that they can deploy an extremely ripe camembert at 45 minutes notice.

My coalition will be joining at Ramsgate Marina and we will establish a beach-head after landings at either Dieppe or Fecamp. Progress will be slow because we will be going against the tide of public opinion - mais c'est la guerre.

Mick.

<hr width=100% size=1>

mpprh

www.the-languedoc-page.com
Hi

As long as you bring lots of Euros (It's the European currency, 20% stronger than the USD, better than that old GBP ?) I don't suppose the French will mount an effective defense.

Just showing that history repeats itself !

Oops ......... hope my French wife doesn't read this.

Tongue in cheek

Peter
The Languedoc Page
http://tlp.netfirms.com

<hr width=100% size=1>

Cornishman

Visit site
'Ere, just a minute. When did we cease to be part of Europe? You can't invade it - you're already there and don't let they there eurowranglers tell 'e different. That nice yottie Mr Heath made it so.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Bismark

N/A
Visit site
Dumkopf! ve are ready for you and ve vill vin ze var again! You are trying to escape from that fascist Blair, vell go to Spain vere ve von last time too!

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
You might be going against the tide of public opinion in france, but I reckon that at least half of england would be behind you!! Especially iof you capture the vineyards/supermarkets first!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Digging for victory

Henry the Cat had dug up Dear Hearts prize beetroot when I got home last night.
It may ease the anger a little if they were given to the cause - where do I send them?

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Ohdrat

Visit site
Meanwhile in the frozen North.. Half France has invaded the Highlands.. Culloden.. this sucks

<hr width=100% size=1>

celandine

Visit site
Cornishman,

You are of course geo-politically correct. I suppose I was using the word "Europe" more in the sense used by the famous Times headline back in the days of British Empire:- FOG IN THE CHANNEL: EUROPE ISOLATED

Mick

<hr width=100% size=1>

ghostwriter

Visit site
au contraire !! we are so used to kicking out invading parties that we should make it our trademark and get something out of it too.....

Baldric , we have a cunning plan : these beefeaters like ale , now pronounce this in flemish , aal , don't we have an excess of pig's aal in Flanders ??? so let them come over , we'll flog our aal to them pretending it's ale and they won't even spot the difference /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
Could you delay the invasion a little I'm on holiday that week? I could mange 1st week of august, france is empty then anyway.

<hr width=100% size=1>