International Certificate of Competance

Greemble

www.lowestoftcruisingclub.co.uk
I have spent 12 years boating in France and Spain and never been asked for any proof of competence (ICC or anything else).
I have never been asked for proof of VAT either. I have been just once asked for my passport by some patrolling customs officers wandering through the marina we were visiting for a day or two.

Does it for your driving licence?
Come to think of it, despite using my car(s) on UK roads , I've not been asked for my driving licence for at least 30 years.
I've not been asked for proof of VaT, MoT or insurance when on the road, for that matter.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I've not been asked for proof of VaT, MoT or insurance when on the road, for that matter.
They don't need to ask these days. Police cars have cameras looking at number plates, alarm sounds if there is a missing document. I know someone who was stopped for no insurance. He had not added the vehicle to his trade policy so it was a minor error but a salutary lesson.

Praxinoscope

Visit site
They don't need to ask these days. Police cars have cameras looking at number plates, alarm sounds if there is a missing document. I know someone who was stopped for no insurance. He had not added the vehicle to his trade policy so it was a minor error but a salutary lesson.

This might work in some areas but as we so rarely see a plod car the odds of getting caught by this method are very favourable.
I should add that my car is taxed, has a current MOT and is insured.

PlanB

Visit site
Was that Calais by any chance? We were boarded from a rib while on a buoy waiting for the bridge. The mother ship was a launch tied to the quay. They brought a film crew with them: total pantomime that I wrote up for YM.
I was trying to remember, as it was some time ago. Def not Calais, but may have been Boulogne.

Greemble

www.lowestoftcruisingclub.co.uk
Indeed, they can do so now, but I don't know how recently this tech has been in their cars. Certainly not for 30 years.
Besides, how do they know who is driving the car?

However, the point is that just because I haven't been asked, it doesn't mean that the documents aren't required.

richardsussex

Visit site
I have these but I see that the RYA are quoting 6 weeks at the moment…
6weeks! Dream On. I have been waiting three months! They just send out emails from a fictitious "employee" requesting money and then nothing happens. Not only is this a blatently incompetent organisation, with no accountability to anyone but themselves, they are on the fringes of taking your money and providing nothing in return, which in the real world (not the one they occupy) is THEFT. Basically the whole system stinks.

Refueler

Visit site
6weeks! Dream On. I have been waiting three months! They just send out emails from a fictitious "employee" requesting money and then nothing happens. Not only is this a blatently incompetent organisation, with no accountability to anyone but themselves, they are on the fringes of taking your money and providing nothing in return, which in the real world (not the one they occupy) is THEFT. Basically the whole system stinks.

The thread is 2 years old ....

As to waiting ... I have never waited unduly and that's with my living in Latvia and their posting it to me ...

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
In many countries, qualifications are required of their citizens for the operation of pleasure craft. In these countries they accept the national qualifications of visiting skippers, as is international custom. However, as no official qualifications are required of skippers in UK or Ireland, no qualifications are required of these skippers when they visit other countries
sailing their own boats. Try chartering without an ICC.