insurance

photon

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good value insurer for my Greece based Bavaria 44 yacht. My insurer wants more cash despite non-use for 24 months. Sorry if this has been done to death as I cannot find any recent info. Thanks.

V1701

Visit site
When I had a boat in Greece I used a local broker (in Porto Cheli) and a Greek company - Aegius, might be worth trying to find out if there's a broker near where your boat is? Absolutely no idea what their claims handling might be like but it wasn't hard to arrange and the cost was very reasonable...

Cariadco

Visit site
I'm with Yachtline (UK Company) and last year I trolled through loads and loads of other companies, and Yachtline we're still cheaper, even though they had increased my premium.
They put it up this year, again, but I'm still with them.
It really was a pain filling in loads of forms for the other quotes.

Last edited:

ashtead

Visit site
I assume the yacht is Greek registered when you say Greek based and not registered elsewhere. Personally I would be using a Greek broker if the risk is unusual but generally EU insurance in the marina market will write risks in each EU state. Hence you don’t need a Greek insurer to cover just one which has a permission to write cover for risks in that location. I don’t really see why there should not be ample capacity unless say we have a ferry concrete risk etc.your current insurer might want to increase just because all premiums in market have gone up. The broker will have some flexibility to discount by reducing its larg commission . All you are seeing is reduced market capacity maybe for Greek risks? What are you being quoted for a44Bav?