Insurance

LGH

Visit site
Can anybody help with insurance for the Caribbean. Every company I've contacted so far have said no chance.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jonic

www.jryachts.com
Hi,

We cruised the caribbean this year and in April our premium went through the roof. We hunted around both in the UK and the States but no luck. So stayed with St Margarets, costly but all we could find. Speak to Nigel, tell him John Rodriguez from Moonshine said to call. He was sympathetic and pulled a few strings. The brokers are as frustrated as we are.

Next year we are heading for the Pacific so it will probably be impossible for us to insure. Lots of boats out here are now self insured. You could also look into third party and total loss only.

Good luck.

<hr width=100% size=1>

pwfl

Visit site
Let us know if you have any luck.

We are in the Caribbean & we've just been dumped by Pantaenius because apparently our value is too low (most claims, they are saying, come from vessels under £50,000 value - which means us.)

Have found no luck elsewhere.

We had previously had 3rd party only from Pantaenius (worldwide cover) when cruising areas that they wouldn't cover, but they are now saying their 3rd party cover is only for europe & the med.

So now we don't even have that.

I bought my boat so I could sail across oceans to new & exciting distant lands, but it seems insurance companies are only interested in giving cover to sit in a marina somewhere in southern england or the med.

I fail to see the purpose of these companies to be honest.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Sounds like a business opportunity to me. If only I had the capital.

<hr width=100% size=1>