Insurance renewal shock

wingdiver

WWW.MYSPACE.COM
I've just received my insurance renewal and the premium has gone up by 47%. :oops:
Standard cruising range. No special terms associated with the quote.
I will ask them to review the quote but, in the meantime, could you let me know which company you use so I can do some comparisons.
Thanks in advance.

Robih

Boat - West Scotland, Home - Tamar, Devon
Visit site
I've just received my insurance renewal and the premium has gone up by 47%. :oops:
Standard cruising range. No special terms associated with the quote.
I will ask them to review the quote but, in the meantime, could you let me know which company you use so I can do some comparisons.
Thanks in advance.
GJW, which is very good by my experience, but alas cost generally is heading north at an alarming rate, experiencing it myself. Top tip - don’t buy a Range Rover.

Groucho

Visit site
I was shocked by the increase in motor rates so was expecting a nasty surprise with marine insurance but, in fact, it was fine. I used all the online brokers for a comparison but got the best deal from a family business broker who mostly deal on phone/email, Porthcawl Insurance Consultants

xyachtdave

Visit site
I guess we all wish Y Yacht Insurance were still going!

I'm currently with GJW, increase this year was negligible over last year. Have been given notice a survey required at renewal. Got that done recently, what a waste of £550 that was.

I removed the log and depth sounder pre anti foul painting, my surveyor was very worried about the two holes below the waterline so he's highlighted this in his report...!

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I was shocked by the increase in motor rates so was expecting a nasty surprise with marine insurance but, in fact, it was fine. I used all the online brokers for a comparison but got the best deal from a family business broker who mostly deal on phone/email, Porthcawl Insurance Consultants
I'm with Porthcawl, gave me a good deal.

The Q

Visit site
Car, house, or boats, none have shown a big change this year. Though I'll admit we've gone down a car size.