Inflated boat prices

doug748

Visit site
At the rag arse end of the market, where most of us are, I have always contended that even a large price bump does not mean very much. A 20k boat that goes up 25% has only cost an extra one year's running cost, for most folk.

My touchstone is Yachtsnet:

Yachts for sale at Yachtsnet - UK sailing yacht brokerage and boat sales

The Victoria, Sun Rise and Bavaria 350 don't look expensive and the Bavaria 32 is as cheap as I have seen for a late boat - although it does need a tidy up.

Caer Urfa

groups.yahoo.com
My Advice as a surveyor is whatever you buy 'do your homework' and yes at present and this year I see all good condition boats generally selling in weeks so if you are interested in a boat move quickly.

Many times I see boats where some one must have just walk off and then think the boats going to sell and they will recover all the money they have spent on it, selling is all about presentation and condition, many times I wonder just how on earth did they arrive at the asking price and watch that the boat is for sale month after month many times longer and when you will spot them then ask yourself WHY !

Few new buyers ask for a copy of any old surveys, its amazing what you find in an old surveys and look what was recommended then 'has it been done' ?

Never just go off photos, many times I find they were taken years before and always view the boat (unbelievably some do not) and try and take someone else with you who know boats even better if they 'know the boat model' and 'always' ask to see the engine start for a test run.

Restoration man

Visit site
I don’t think you used boat prices will come down at all ,at least not while the inflation is at the level it currently is , new boats are getting more expensive by the day and that’s not going to stop , so all it does is help bolster second hand prices as they in comparison to new are an absolute bargain in reality, same thing is happening with used cars