Incessant drivel

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: I\'m not surprised

Wasn't going to get involved, but many of Colins post are not only informed, but obviously come from many years of hard gained experience.

Can't really see where this thread is coming from, other than forum idiots having a ball.

Piss taking is all very well, but many outsiders won't get the insider jokes, and hardly a way of encouraging anyone new to join the conversation.

IMVHO

Brendan

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: Where\'s Max?

I am here

sorry ken haven't been online in a while things to do pepople to see
i have a new job
well a different job with the same company

that is very pleasing as i was offered the job without applying for it and it is not my old job which was doomed.
hoorah

Come on brain.get this over and i can go back to killing you with beer

jimi

Visit site

In any place there will always be insider jokes and that's just a fact of life! Surely we can't have all our posts and threads constructed in such a way that they are transparent and obvious to every newbie, whilst I understand that is a laudable ambition, IMHO it would lead to very bland and sterile forae. One would hope that there would be enough diversity in the balance that the odd giraffe (as ccscott49 himself would say) would be recognised and treated as such by anyone with half a braincell.

BrendanS

Visit site

...as opposed to same old posters knocking around the same old idea year after year. need new blood, and new questions to stop the forums becoming sterile.

won't do that if we scare the new blood off. Newbies won' t post if they think that you have to have years of experience or be purchasing something over 10 metres to be taken seriously?

On the other hand, these forums won't work if regulars don't keep the thing going. Just worth while pointing out to regulars once in a while that there are people starting out and thinking of buying a cheap small boat who could be very intimidated by the outspoken insider chat here

Just my thoughts.

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: Tough!

Speaking as someone who has proven themself to have only a quarter of a braincell, and even that firing only intermittently, I reserve wholly the right to defend those of similar plight to post here!