Incessant drivel

jimi

Visit site
According to my calculations 4000 posts with 4 feet between them would amount to either 3999 pigs (or just over 3 miles). Surely in 4000 posts there must be at least one which was memorable.

Can anybody recall the other posting from ccscott49 which was'nt a pig?

ccscott49

Visit site
Hey! you watch yer lip! I've been a font of useful information to these forae over a period of oooooo at least......a post or two!!

tcm

Visit site
Re: In praise of ccscott

neither do I.

However, I think that ccscott should be congratulated on reaching this milestone, drivellingly or otherwise. I also note that he has NEVER slagged anyone off, nor rambled on about going to the pub, nor raved about how his boat is ace and everyone else's is less so. Well, not in the last 20 minutes anyway.

ccscott49

Visit site
Re: In praise of ccscott

Boo Hoo, and heres me thinking I'd get some support from my friends boo hoo.....................I'm off down the pub! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

jimi

Visit site
Well .. how about this classic post!

"I've got knife wound scars, bullet hole scars, rugby scars, boxing scars, growing up scars, if you think I'm going to put anymore on voluntarily, you can, as the prostitute said to the crane driver "sling yer' fu...,ng hook" Apart from that i've heard the buggers screamin'"

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
What\'s wrong with drivel?

It's kept the worlds of politics, religion, psychiatry, philosophy, pop-music, etc in business for centuries.

Anyway, surely you've seen the paperback covers (complete with gold embossing) in airport bookshops. CCScott49, New York Times Best Seller For 3 Weeks Running.

jimi

Visit site
Must be some form of Hallucegenic with this post!

Another classic from the old 49'er .. he canny even spell! I quote:

"Well there is a startleing new discovery, The polyestermite, its a mutated gribble type thing, but this one doesn't bore holes in wood, oh! No, due to the demise of many wooden boats, the old gribble and teredo worm has evolved and mutated into the polyestermite! A very weird looking individual it is aswell, very sharp teeth and a mouth at each end, with arsehole in the middle. It has developed this way, so as to faciltate the eating of two polyester boats at the same time, when tightly packed in marinas, this is the funny noises you hear, not mullet, they disguisse their chomping to sound like mullet, sneaky eh! The only defence, is to put a veneer of real wood around yoiur boat, this is poisonous to them or all buy wood boats. There has also been tales of another offshoot of the breed called epoxymite, which does the same thing to epoxy coated polyester. You have been warned, check your boat now!! Those noises may sopund innocent, but beware, they ahve been seen all over the place, especially in high poplyester concentrated areas, such as the solent!"

jimmie

N/A
Visit site
Do\'nt be rude

Jimi, please do'nt be rude. Colin is a very nice man. He has helped to get my boat sorted with some of his friends from Dartmouth when I hit the stickyup thing in the sea. Most of his postings have been extremely helpful unlike your's and that nasty TCM. You're both just horrible and sarcastic to anybody that dares express an opinion different from you're own. Colin is a very tolerant liberated man who is neither afraid of his own sexuality or of anybody else's. I hope all Colin's friends will tell you to stick your head up your jumper.

Jems

jimi

Visit site
Posting on rocket fuel

Reckon he was on the sheep dip, if not the sheep with this one ...

"What did us Scots do wrong this time, why not an taffy-strap, or a mick-strap! or even a frog-strap for that matter! It's racial predjudice, thats what it is!"

claymore

Visit site
No wonder diesel is expensive.

We have to assume that he is not alone out there - there are probably quite a few of them - say 100?
Developing the calculation of time thread - 4000 post at 5 mins per session = 20000 minutes equates to 333 hours = 13.8 days - lets round that up to a fortnight.
Now he is only there 1 month in 3 for a couple of weeks at a time, as he has to have the statutory r&r. So we can assume that he should put in 16 weeks per annum but our calculations indicate that he is in fact only doing a four day week.
So if we round that one up - he is taking 52 days a year off to devote to the forum.
We stated earlier that he won't be the only person there so taking our baseline of 100 that means that we have an annual loss of 52 x 100 - 5200 days.This in round terms adds up to 14 years.
QED
You may think this a little harsh - but I'm still smarting from the two-pronged cc/tcm attack on education. To focus on the original point of "with all that effort, wouldn't you think there'd have been one decent post" - I couldn't possibly comment - except to say that wee jamesie is occasionally very brave.

regards
Claymore

Twister_Ken

Visit site
No wonder avgas is cheap

And to think we were whingeing about the firefighters' poor productivity.

Talking of education, the "I can't believe it's not the tory party" Party is now proposing to charge students even more to hang around universities, drink beer, make love, steal traffic cones (whatever happened to policepersons' helmets) and vomit. At the same time they tell us that a graduate can expect to earn £400,000 more than a thickie in his or her working life. Hasn't it occurred to them that at basic rate tax, the graduate is going to contribute an extra, err 23% x £400,000, err 86,000 pictures of the queen to G Brown esq. or even more if they aspire to the upper rate of tax. That sounds to me like they are paying (in arrears) for their education.

Talking of which, taxing aviation fuel and putting VAT on plane tickets would raise £7 bn which would pay for at least a couple of extra professors, and a new fire engine.

Twister_Ken

Visit site
Etymological Inexactitude

I believe the aforementioned article of gents' intimate apparel (aka 'the tool box') takes its name not from the savage beyond-Hadrian inhabitants of that bleak region of North Britain, but from the pilots of horses, who had no desire to find their meat-and-two-veg flattened and tenderised twixt playground and saddle, like a veal escalope.

So it would be silly to call it a Taff Strap, which is of course what pirates used to secure their prisoners when they towed them along behind the ship, tied on only by their joysticks. And a Paddy Strap is, I believe, a form of semi-medicinal alcholic drink, made like Black Strap but substituting Irish Whiskey for rum, and increasing the proportion of molasses.

jimi

Visit site
Re: Etymological Inexactitude

How on earth did it get from there to lunchbox! Must be an English thing I reckon .. must be where the cricketers kept their sandwiches ...