In a quandary.

Denek

Visit site
Keep the boat and get somone else to do the work. If you cannot afford both and you like your boat, do the work over a couple of winters. Unless you are one of those masochists who like DIY, plastering, decorating etc.
The work will take a good while anyway. I’m afraid I do rather enjoy it too. Sad I know. I think I’ve more or less decided to keep the boat but the decision now is do I launch her or not? I still have to service the engine and anti foul and I need to fit another solar panel so quite a bit of work to do before she can go in. I can’t get to her at the moment as I have COVID and anyway there is all the packing to do. I never realized that retirement would be so busy.

Denek

Visit site
Camper eh? Has she/he ever used one for a week or two? We did for ten days in NZ and were deeply unimpressed. On balance, if I had to, I'd rather be a shed-dragger, as a lot of campers are too big to get into smaller places. Port Isaac for example. At least with a shed one can leave it on site for a week and drive off for day trips. BTW do you really mean a "Camper"? Purists regard those as things like the old VW one or a converted Transit. Might you mean a "motorhome"? BIgger, and IMHO grossly over-priced.
Your right I suppose I do mean motor home. We have never used one but a family member tried it and I must admit he didn’t like it and ended up with a caravan he said apart from the inconvenience of not having transport he could hear the contents clanging about as he drove down the road.
im keeping the boat I think.

Visit site
Your right I suppose I do mean motor home. We have never used one but a family member tried it and I must admit he didn’t like it and ended up with a caravan he said apart from the inconvenience of not having transport he could hear the contents clanging about as he drove down the road.
im keeping the boat I think.
I'm retired 7.5 years now. I left the toxic NHS as soon as I could. Got out 2.5 years early. As did SWMBO. Best thing we ever did. But, boy! Have I been busy. OK, it's all voluntary, but it's surprising how fast these things mount up. Just off to do some chain sawing in our field opposite the house!

dk

Visit site
Launch it and loan it out to someone you trust and who is happy to pay the mooring and general upkeep in the meantime? Just another option. What and where is she?

SailingDog

Visit site
Another alternative to selling your boat, put her with a charter company. She could be earning her keep and you would have the option to use her if you desired. There are charter companies and charter companies though !
The possible danger of selling her is the boat fund gets borrowed for some housework and doesn't get replaced.

Just thoughts

Denek

Visit site
Another alternative to selling your boat, put her with a charter company. She could be earning her keep and you would have the option to use her if you desired. There are charter companies and charter companies though !
The possible danger of selling her is the boat fund gets borrowed for some housework and doesn't get replaced.

Just thoughts
You are right about the funds from the sale being “ borrowed”. That would bother me. I think my minds made up . I’m keeping her And I think I’ll launch her too although the launch date will have to be put back.