I'm looking for live on a boat space Littlehampton West Sussex

chris3434TH

Visit site
Hi all I am looking to live on my boat . In Littlehampton West Sussex is it possible to find a live on moring in this location thank you for your help

V1701

Visit site
Sail or motor? The marina in Littlehampton I think only takes motor boats and their terms and conditions probably say you can't live on, as do the terms and conditions of most marinas. Some marinas though do have a few quiet liveaboards who do so under the radar and a blind eye is turned, some (not very many) have "extended use" contracts which effectively allow you to live on, some (most) will outright not allow you to live on. The harbour board moorings in Littlehampton have a waiting list and unlikely to allow living on and there's the Shipyard, might be worth an approach to them to see whether they'd have a space for you. If they do it would be a question of whether you ask about living on or whether you try and get away with it. If you ask anywhere the likely answer would be no, unless they are liveaboard tolerant and I don't have the answer to that, somebody else may be able to advise. Go and have a scout around there, it's usually pretty obvious if there are liveaboards about the place.

The general advice about living aboard used to be don't mention the L word, just book yourself in and be subtle, quiet, respectful, don't string your laundry out & make it obvious, etc. but that really no longer applies because most places are more hard line about it.

Living full time in a marina, or on a pontoon berth, with an electricity supply is doable in the UK but living on a mooring which would necessitate dinghying to shore, is not feasible, we just do not have the climate for that. I suspect most of this is what you don't want to hear but I'm afraid the general trend, over the last few years especially, is that it's becoming more difficult to find somewhere. Good luck with your plans though...

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Living full time in a marina, or on a pontoon berth, with an electricity supply is doable in the UK but living on a mooring which would necessitate dinghying to shore, is not feasible, we just do not have the climate for that.
Best not tell a couple of my pals that. They must be hardy souls, saying that one has gone soft and installed a heater.

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
There is a widebeam Barge on a Harbourmasters pontoon mooring at Dukes Wharf. From what I can see, the owners live aboard. They even have a small car-and an even smaller car, a Smart Car-in an aproved parking space. They can just squeeze both in without causing any obstruction. We spend weeks onboard our boat too. Full service, water and electricity on the pontoon, pretty secure, showers and toilets at the HM's block 200 metres away.

Dont ask, you dont get. Only shortcoming is the berths are for shallow draught vessels. We only draw a metre.

Otherwise there are berths that dry opposite in the Mud Dock, a couple of liveaboards there too.

There are some berths nearer the Harbour entrance, but they can be a bit lively in a blow. Also at the Boatyard just below the bridge, I think there might be liveaboards there.

I hope this helps.

trapper guy

Visit site
ive been in brighton marina as a liveaboard for the last 12 months.
expensive at £4k+, and boring as hell.
didnt tell anybody im liveaboard, but there are three other boats that im aware of that are liveaboard.
its an option if you are stuck, but you need deep pockets and a local-ish job i think.