Icom IC-718 not Transmitting on 14.000.00 mhz in usb mode? please help.

Seyn18

Visit site
I'm able to receive from all the frequencies. for some reason when I enter 7.780.00 mhz on usb mode, im not able to TX. it transmits good on all other channels except 14.500.00mhz and 7.780.00mhz. I tried it on my friends antenna still same problem. this is the second time it has happened to me. checked all the soders, seem to be ok. checked my LPF's they seem to have an ohm rating of atleast 185. please help. what else should i check? i only have a multimeter and a good soldering station.

oldgit

Visit site

According to the Icom 718 manual frequencies are outside the range of that particular Ham radio unit ?
Courtesy of Icom wesite.

Last edited:

Seyn18

Visit site

According to the Icom 718 manual frequencies are outside the range of that particular Ham radio unit ?
Courtesy of Icom wesite.
this is the frequency we use in Philippines for fishing vessels. most fishing vessel in my area use this radio. in fact all of our 6 fishing vessel use this ic-718

Roberto

sybrancaleone.blogspot.com
Last edited:

st599

Visit site
we use this frequency in philippines for fishing vessels
In Region 1
https://docdb.cept.org/download/2051
Lists it as Primary MOBILE EXCEPT AERONAUTICAL MOBILE for Land Military and Maritime Military Systems

However, looking at the Philippines exceptions to the Region 3 list (which is most of the Pacific) the first half of that band is listed as shared, provided Military has priority. So you should be able to access it, but probably need Icom to unlock it as it's a Philipinnes special.

Bilgediver

Visit site
I'm able to receive from all the frequencies. for some reason when I enter 7.780.00 mhz on usb mode, im not able to TX. it transmits good on all other channels except 14.500.00mhz and 7.780.00mhz. I tried it on my friends antenna still same problem. this is the second time it has happened to me. checked all the soders, seem to be ok. checked my LPF's they seem to have an ohm rating of atleast 185. please help. what else should i check? i only have a multimeter and a good soldering station.
Your radio requires the MARS modifications to operate on those frequencies. Note that recent traffic around 14.5 may be a joint operation between Mars and Ham operators who use this frequency Your presence might not be appreciated. Nothing stopping you listening in.

Seyn18

Visit site