ICC Question

Geoff A

Visit site
Not wanting to hijack ICC accepted in NZ. I would like to know the answer to the following question. I have an ICC that expired the best part of 20 years ago. I still have my RYA pass certificates for Day Skipper and Competent Crew dating back to the mid 1970s. I am thinking that if I showed this paper work to an official of a foreign country it would prove I was a competent sailor, plus the fact that I had arrived safely to their country. My age is mid 70s. I believe because of the age of my paper work I will have problems renewing my ICC via the RYA. I would like to know your collective opinions.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
I enquired a couple of years ago about renewing my 10 year expired ICC they said no problem but with original certificates they also said that it would definitely be no problem, I was 72 at the time.
As for Day Skipper or an expired ICC being accepted I doubt it, I don't think the DS would be recognised and the ICC needs to be in date.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Not wanting to hijack ICC accepted in NZ. I would like to know the answer to the following question. I have an ICC that expired the best part of 20 years ago. I still have my RYA pass certificates for Day Skipper and Competent Crew dating back to the mid 1970s. I am thinking that if I showed this paper work to an official of a foreign country it would prove I was a competent sailor, plus the fact that I had arrived safely to their country. My age is mid 70s. I believe because of the age of my paper work I will have problems renewing my ICC via the RYA. I would like to know your collective opinions.
Why do you think you will have problems getting an ICC from the RYA? An age discrimination court case would be interesting on the front page of the UK press.

It is given 'free' to members who hold a Day Skipper and above.

Geoff A

Visit site
Why do you think you will have problems getting an ICC from the RYA? An age discrimination court case would be interesting on the front page of the UK press.

It is given 'free' to members who hold a Day Skipper and above.
I am only going on my failing memory :) of past posts on this subject.

Last edited: