I want this boat!

Alfie168

Visit site
Had I won last night Euromillions I could have been interested, but not this week, maybe next week:D

Tim

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
Could it be a case of ... if you need to ask, you can't afford it? :)

(Damn sure I can't but really really wish I could!)

How about this one. Unfortunately I can't afford it either.:(

Boat Name : KATE

Specs
Builder: Philip Walwyn
Designer: Alfred Mylne

Dimensions
Beam: 11 ft 4 in
LWL: 40 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 6 in
Length Overall: 78' LOD: 60'

Construction
Douglas fir planking on laminated mahogany frames, structural keel, and backbone. Exterior planking coated with fiberglass cloth; Douglas fir deadwood; Douglas fir and Bruynzeel plywood floor timbers and deck; teak deck trim; bronze screw and nail fastening; mahogany and plywood cabin; self-bailing 6'-x-2'-x-2' plywood and fiberglass cockpit with small bridge deck, tiller steering, fir cockpit sole. 12 tons external lead ballast. Awlgrip Flag Blue with black antifouling. The owner describes KATE as "very sound," requiring no more than "minor cosmetics."

Accommodations
Sleeps 8 in 1 forward double V-berth and 6 singles (2 of which are quarter berths). Single head with single-pump marine W.C. and single hand pump (no shower). Spartan galley equipped with twin bronze hand pumps, new gimbaled single-burner Forespar propane stove (no oven), and Igloo icebox. Interior is finished in white paint with mahogany trim and oak cabin sole. Ventilation provided by 4 hatches/slides.

Sails & Rigging
Double-headsail gaff yawl with keel-stepped painted hollow wooden spars with 1-x-19 stainless standing rigging and StaLok stainless turnbuckles, spinnaker gear off bowsprit, polyester halyards and sheets, jiffy reefing. 2 Meissner self-tailing bronze halyard winches and 8 Meissner self-tailing bronze sheet winches. Sail Inventory: All 2006 Gonen cream Dacron: main, jib, staysail; also Hong Kong single-luff spinnaker and 2007 Hong Kong jib topsail. Sail Area: 2,000 sq. ft.

Ground Tackle
60-lb. CQR, 45-lb. CQR and 30-lb. Fortress anchors, bow roller on bowsprit.

Equipment
Whale manual bilge pump, 2 fire extinguishers, bell, horns, flares, PFDs, safety harness,

Owner's Comments
KATE is "a symphony in simplicity."

Broker's Comments
KATE is a reproduction of an Alfred Mylne First Rule 12-Meter. While KATE's design and details are traditional, her owner decided to construct her using modern wood technology to take full advantage of its structural advantages and in order to lessen the burden of maintenance.

A contemporary of William Fife III, Alfred Mylne in fact began his career at the Fife yard, and along with Fife and G. L. Watson, Mylne is known for having designed the loveliest and fastest British yachts of their era. The First Rule 12-Meters were particularly graceful and powerful yachts with their long overhangs and gaff rigs.

KATE is now offered to anyone who would like to own a lovely and unique classic yacht with superb design pedigree.

All for US$500,000.00

Advert needs updating as it is now a Yawl.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Nah, much too fancy and big for me

What I really want is a nice little 20 odd foot circa 1970 twin keeler that needs a bit of TLC

(repeat multiple times until convinced)

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Just remember the wise words of Saint Dylan de Winter;

"I love to watch expensive classics from the cockpit of the Slug. My view is vastly superior to theirs and at a fraction of the cost"

These boats are lovely to look at, but horrendously expensive to buy, crew & maintain. Like Dylan, I prefer to watch them sail past me to buying one & having to watch me sail past! :D

30boat

N/A
Visit site
Just remember the wise words of Saint Dylan de Winter;

"I love to watch expensive classics from the cockpit of the Slug. My view is vastly superior to theirs and at a fraction of the cost"

These boats are lovely to look at, but horrendously expensive to buy, crew & maintain. Like Dylan, I prefer to watch them sail past me to buying one & having to watch me sail past! :D

And those people who can afford them have so much money that they spend all their time worrying about it and how to make more.They don't realise,or have forgotten, that the really pleasurable things in life are the small and simple ones.