I need to borrow a cable hookup

big_si

web.mac.com
I mean I really need to borrow one!!

The kind of cable you plug in to an electrical hok up one end and can then plug regular appliances in the other.

I am antifouling the boat on Saturday and need to key in the hull a bit with the electric sander.

Naturally there will be a choice of red, white, hops or apples for anyone that can help /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Pleeeease can any one help!?!

Geoffs

Visit site
Presumably you mean one with a 16 amp plug one end and a 13 amp socket on the other.

I've got one on my boat in Poole, and one at home in Wantage.

The one at home is only short so would need a 13 amp extension to cover any distance.

Sneds

Visit site
If you need to buy one, cheaper at the caravan shop. Or buy the bits and the cable and make one up.
Try a local electrical shop (or B&Q if stuck).

big_si

web.mac.com
Thanks heaps guys, Charlie has come to the rescue.

So now roll on Saturday and the babys bum will be wiped and Coppercoated.

Having her lifted on Saturday afternoon, the state of the hull went along to explain why i was only making 20 kts over the bank holiday weekend!

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Charlie has come to the rescue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is Charlie, or have succumbed to the dubious pleasure of a 'line'? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DAKA

Visit site
I may have missed something here but /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Couldnt you just plug in a regular 13 amp house plug with extension from your boat interior, out of a door hatch port hole stuff rag into form a dust seal and then plug boat into shore power as normal.

Is it just the fact you dont want to spill anti foul on your own extension /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

big_si

web.mac.com
i could certainly stick an extension cable through a window, but only having a dinky little boat, alas, i lack 240v in the cabin!

its not my extension, so any spillage is fine ;-)