I need me coffee!.. and its bust! (nearly)

SeamanStaines

Visit site
I know this is not actually an essential piece of liveaboard equipment but....... I cant function without decent coffee in the mornings.

Having gone through the usual suspects of Nespresso and other capsule coffee machine I now have a Di Longhi bean to cup machine on board which is truly fantastic. The only thing I will say, is that it is very 'needy', always have lights on telling me that it needs water, beans, coffee grinds etc;

However, now it is telling me it needs descaling, I remember it came with a pack of special stuff to do this, which must be somewhere on the boat but I cant find it anywhere. Having spent the last two weeks trying Greek and Italian (I would have thought Italy would have been easy) supermarkets trying to find some I have decided I must be asking for the wrong thing.

Does anyone know what I can get to descale this that does not involve Di Longhi shipping me a packet from the UK?

If you have experience of this machine it just flashes a light to say it needs descaling, it does still work though but I am a little worried it may pack up if I ignore it.

Ta

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I know this is not actually an essential piece of liveaboard equipment but....... I cant function without decent coffee in the mornings.

Having gone through the usual suspects of Nespresso and other capsule coffee machine I now have a Di Longhi bean to cup machine on board which is truly fantastic. The only thing I will say, is that it is very 'needy', always have lights on telling me that it needs water, beans, coffee grinds etc;

However, now it is telling me it needs descaling, I remember it came with a pack of special stuff to do this, which must be somewhere on the boat but I cant find it anywhere. Having spent the last two weeks trying Greek and Italian (I would have thought Italy would have been easy) supermarkets trying to find some I have decided I must be asking for the wrong thing.

Does anyone know what I can get to descale this that does not involve Di Longhi shipping me a packet from the UK?

If you have experience of this machine it just flashes a light to say it needs descaling, it does still work though but I am a little worried it may pack up if I ignore it.

Ta

For God sake D , don't let you know what you have she will want one too , no long that we got rid of a lot of **** of the boat , mind you most was mine .

Norman_E

Visit site
There are instructions on the web, like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLff4EpFBu4 but they don't explain what the descaling liquid is. Any mild acid such as white vinegar (acetic acid) Lemon Juice, (citric acid) or lactic acid, will dissolve limescale, so if you have nothing else I suggest using white vinegar. I have lost the sample descaler that came with my machine so can't look at the small print to see what acid it contains. There is a product called DeLonghi EcoDecalk though again I don't know what acid it contains. If you can print this https://www.alzashop.com/delonghi-e...so-pristroje&gclid=CIyG3saLsMYCFZHHtAodJh8M2w and show it to a shop that sells the machines you might get some.

Oscarpop

Visit site
Just get standard kettle de scaler.
Google the translation for wherever you are and a hardware shop should sell it. Run it through once, then twice with fresh water.

lfabio

Visit site
Do not use vingear or lemon juice.

Go to a chemist's (pharmacist), get citric acid (which costs very very little) and use it as descaler. I've been using it on several Saecos, one of which will be 20 years old in november and is still going strong.