Humingbird 30

david42

Visit site
Are you looking at the one for sale in Brighton? She looks lovely, I emailed the Elizabethan owners association because the brokers said she was a later version of the Elizabethan 30, they told me that the underwater shape is the same as the Elizabethan 30 although the Hummingbirds have an extended transom and modified deck/cockpit/coachroof. I guess any comments on sailing performance would be as per the Elizabethan unless the rig was altered. Try the association, they're really helpful http://www.eoa.org.uk/eoa_home.html

<hr width=100% size=1>

kilkerr1

homepage.ntlworld.com
Mmm, if she's the Brighton lass then I saw her/began to covet her coupla weeks ago, she's gorgeous. David42 was also asking after her on YM Scuttlbutt. Will be jealous of whoever bags her. We did wonder what the circular wells at the back were for. I suggested wine cooler and kitten hot tub, but David42 came up with a much more sensible gas locker argument...

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.sting.co.uk>Sting Creative</A>

Greylaguk

Visit site
I understand that she is a variation on the Elizabethan in that she has an extra berth and more headroom. Sailing Today issue 37 had a report on the Elizabethan 30 and the Hummingbird was mentioned as better alternative - if you can find one. BTW, I spotted one in S spain for sale at about the UK price (£19k) Mind you, I must confess to being biased as I bought one before I had heard of her seaworthyness. I have sailed with her for 4 years now. She is a good all rounder and I feel very comfortable and safe in her. SWMBO and I have sailed the Solway/Ireland/Western Isles in her and have not been let down. I shall be watching this post for any other information on the Hummingbird 30 as my knowledge of the designer etc is sketchy.

George

<hr width=100% size=1>