https://www.smlmarinepaints.co.uk/antifouling/CU-PRO

[3889]

Visit site
The toxicity or otherwise of Sea Queen or Seaforce is nothing to do with Jotun's strategy of supplying it only to owners of commercially coded vessels. It is a purely economic tactic aimed at getting (perceived) wealthy yacht owners to pay more for an inferior product. What other possible rationale exists for supplying Seaforce to an owner of a coded yacht (which I know they will from first hand experience) but not an uncoded boat? Who applies the product is a matter of indifference to Jotun. SML are bound by Jotun's policy and squirm with embarrassment when pressed on the matter.

Last edited:

kacecar

Visit site
Hi
So far there is no sign of growth (Small slime build up) and currently no need for a lift and scrub, its early days but it looks to be doing the job

My boat is on the Crouch, where people have been saying that the fouling is bad this year. I over-coated a Jotun paint with SML's CU-PRO in April and, since re-launching later that month, the boat seems to be showing a little less growth on the hull than the boats of those complaining. However, it's early days yet so for now I'd say it seems to be as good as the others around - perhaps no better, probably no worse.
(Note: When applying it I did, of course, ensure that I adhered to the "appropriate HSE regulation". Unsurprisingly, it went on in a very similar way to all the other antifoul paints I've used in previous years - and as safely.)

ip485

Visit site
Well as i said first time go back in october so nearly done a year. So far the results are astonishingly good. I have always used int micron which has proved excellent. It gives me at least 24 to 28 months without any barnacles and slime that pressure washes off. At around a year there was always some string algae on the water line. This time with cu-pro even the water line is showing no fouling. There is also less slime beneath i would say. I also found it was much easier to apply. Whether its still as good after two years we shall see, but the boat maybe in warmer climes by then in which case it will not be a fair test.

X40nproud

Visit site
I put the CU-PRO antifouling on back in January (2017) and it is doing an amazing job so far. I checked last weekend and it is totally clear. I agree with ip485 in that it was easier to apply too. I don't think they list that as a selling point and I don't know what made it go on better but it just felt like it didn't take as long! I've used all the top brands and 8 months in I know I was getting that awful feeling of another job to add to the list - not this year - Phew! If it lasts through to this time next year I'll add them to my Christmas card list : )

shaula

Visit site
Has anyone else used CU-PRO that can give us their experience over the last season. What was previous antifouling and how did it compare? Where is boat moored?