How to remove name decals

runner911

Visit site
Hi

New boat name "Iditarod" doesn't quite do it for me so has to go.

What is the easiest method for removal, any ideas?

Thankyou
Simon

If name is made of vinyl ,warm gently with ladies hairdryer, lift one corner of vinyl with fingernail, pull off, maintaining gentle heat.

Ripster

Visit site
If they are decals - stick on - best way is to warm them up gently with a hair dryer and then finger pick them off. They will generally come off this way. However, depending on how long they have been on there, you may find you can still see the word. You can try cutting the surface back a bit with some t-cut or similar, but, even then it can be very difficult to make is disappear completely. Putting a new name on will of course cover it up, but at certain angles, don't be surprised if you can still see it. If you do suffer this, after a clean up, perhaps the pro boat polishers on here can suggest a way to get rid of the old impression.

Last edited:

[2068]

Visit site
Regal Sports cruiser?
Iditarod = "The most popular sporting event in Alaska", a 9-15 day sled dog race.

Last edited:

geardownthreegreens

Visit site
:) isn't it a small world. Must have been Brendans as just can't imagine anyone else having that name. Previous owner to me explained the name and I then looked on google. Very unusual, but not for me i'm afraid.
Strange, but now you mention it and I've not been on here for a year, I seem to remember the name.
Naturally, it would also have to be a Regal boat :)

Si