How to identify weekend sailors in civvy street

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
I must say I have loved this thread

you guys are brilliant

I will be raising my sartorial game this year

I occasionally get parcels through the post containing all sorts of stuff

books I should read, boat fittings, some great torches to help feed my fetish, cakes, pancake mix

two days ago these turned up with a note saying

" I saw these and thought of you

they will match your lovely red sail"

bloody nora they are Chathams - and in the right size

http://www.keepturningleft.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/SANY00294.jpg

and here is a snap of the old Aldi ones after a year of every day use £16

http://www.keepturningleft.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/SANY00285.jpg

so, what colour trousers do you suggest I wear with my red shoes

Last edited:

dylanwinter

www.keepturningleft.co.uk
Can I humbly suggest something from a dancewear range would send the same signals as red shoes

http://www.movedancewear.com/mens_dancewear-move_mens_nathan_footless_leggings/2538/

genius

MO_P0246_GRY_MAIN.jpg

should help the paypal tap rate no end

Resolution

Visit site
so, what colour trousers do you suggest I wear with my red shoes

You have of course only received half of the required set of four shoes, the other two being the green colour ones.
To be correctly dressed heading upriver you should wear red on left and green on right; downriver you will need to change over to the other "pair".
The advantage of this wardrobe is that, in the event that your voyaging takes you across to the USA you are immediately correctly dressed for entry upriver**.

** Just remember to distinguish where you are wearing your pants.

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site
The ability of 'married' sailing couples to copulate enjoyably anywhere, any time, in all sorts of weather, with the minimum of threshing about, on the narrowest of banquettes, without damage to knees, elbows, skulls, pelvises, etc.
Undoing suspenders, bras, etc in the average 'double berth' is a triumph of desire, lust and affection over location. Don't even mention pilot berths!;)

The_man_from_ABBA

Visit site
The ability of 'married' sailing couples to copulate enjoyably anywhere, any time, in all sorts of weather, with the minimum of threshing about, on the narrowest of banquettes, without damage to knees, elbows, skulls, pelvises, etc.
Undoing suspenders, bras, etc in the average 'double berth' is a triumph of desire, lust and affection over location. Don't even mention pilot berths!;)

Given the fact that most of the people who replied here must be well into their 60's, I don't think lovemaking aboard is an all that frequent occurrence.
Speaking for myself: what I once did all night now takes me all night to do once. :eek:

pagoda

Visit site
Given the fact that most of the people who replied here must be well into their 60's, I don't think lovemaking aboard is an all that frequent occurrence.
Speaking for myself: what I once did all night now takes me all night to do once. :eek:

Well done that man. All one can do is smile amicably:)

I'm just pleased SWMBO does enjoy being aboard... and long may it last :p

Tidewaiter2

Turning Left this season?-Nach Friesians?
Visit site

Well, the NHS 60+ blokes pill issue is for once a week*, and we do our best to expend the issue as directed, and if you are on a 41/2 month sail to and from Sweden, or even a week in Normandie..........;)
We agree about the 'once a king, always a king, but once a knight is enough'. these days-it's the creaky joints!

Mind you, Catherine the Great was reputed to be 'active' right to the end, and King David had his 'bedwarmers', so 'Now's yer time Maitland. Up, Guards and 'em':D