how to get a boom to Turkey

superboots

Visit site
Have got a replacement boom for my boat in Turkey and now wondering how to get it there. Have thought about taking it on car roof but worried about the overhang when driving ( boom is 6.1m ) Contacted a few ship truckers but not much interest - also problem with formalities in Turkey so might need to collect it in Greece. Any thoughts?

nauticalnomad

Visit site
From where to where? I transported a mast from Netherlands to the UK a couple of years ago and theres a guy down on the solent that does this with a mast trailer. Mast was 16mtrs long. Cost 1500 gbp to do that.

colind3782

Visit site
When I was enquiring about moving a mast a few years ago, I realised that it's best to leave "yachts" out of the equation. Just ask about shipping a six metre tube rather than a boom and you may get more interest.

truscott

Visit site
Nicolas, at Navigo Yacht Agency in Mandraki, Rhodes, has been extremely helpful over the years for receiving and storing parts for collection.

We shipped our replacement boom to Rhodes, and then took the boat over and collected. Had to check in and out, but still worked out cheaper than the shipping to, agents fees for clearing in and import taxes in Turkey.

More recently, we did the same for a Tides Marine Track system.

I highly recommend him.

PT

Norman_E

Visit site
Nicolas, at Navigo Yacht Agency in Mandraki, Rhodes, has been extremely helpful over the years for receiving and storing parts for collection.

We shipped our replacement boom to Rhodes, and then took the boat over and collected. Had to check in and out, but still worked out cheaper than the shipping to, agents fees for clearing in and import taxes in Turkey.

More recently, we did the same for a Tides Marine Track system.

I highly recommend him.

PT

Turkey is in a Customs Union with the EU and although I cannot find a code for yacht spare parts, sailing yachts have no import duty into Turkey from the EU.