How to avoid paying tax

grumpygit

Visit site
Mark, I think it's put up and pay up.
You will at some time or another need the NHS, you will need a UK passport renewing along with a drivers licence, ICC renewal, your lads might want a university education, bank accounts, so the list can go on and on.
If you want to disappear into the ether and not pay taxes how do you deal with the issues above.

There are ways of improving you tax status, as it shown sensibly below. There are ways that have been mentioned also but I don't think it would bare well with your conscience, I know it would not with mine.

No easy fix I'm affraid.

Missed a trick.

Make sure your investments are for growth only....zero coupon (ie no dividends nor interest).

You can the take up to £10,600 from that year's growth free of tax (CGT exemption) each giving you, as a couple, a further c£21,000 tax free.

Bingo...as a couple you're now on c£40,000 pa and not paying any income tax.

Someone very wise once said that no-one is under any obligation to arrange their affairs so that the taxman can take the maximimum. If its legal, legitimate etc then go for it, reduce your tax liability.

Those who take the moral high ground and arrange their own affairs so they pay more tax than they need to keep the scroungers in methodone and flat screen TVs can carry on as far as I'm concerned. That's their affair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------