How much does anchor chain weigh?

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
I am sure the company they did the test with would say that but did they try any other companies when getting the chain done.
Has anyone on here had their chain re done and did they have any problems?

I wrote the article, which was in YM, not PBO. There is only one company in UK that I know of who galvanise chain on a continuous line. Many companies galvanise on a batch basis. The continuous line gives a heavier coating of zinc and less stuck links. Batch galvanising uses spinning or shaking to remove excess zinc, with the result that some zinc is lost and more links weld together. (Yes I know it isn't welding!)

The company is B.E. Wedge in the Midlands. The job they did for me was excellent. All in I paid £92 for 60 metres of 8 mm chain.

Nostrodamus

www.cygnus3.com
I wrote the article, which was in YM, not PBO. There is only one company in UK that I know of who galvanise chain on a continuous line. Many companies galvanise on a batch basis. The continuous line gives a heavier coating of zinc and less stuck links. Batch galvanising uses spinning or shaking to remove excess zinc, with the result that some zinc is lost and more links weld together. (Yes I know it isn't welding!)

The company is B.E. Wedge in the Midlands. The job they did for me was excellent. All in I paid £92 for 60 metres of 8 mm chain.

The company I got the quote from is part of the wedge group so it should be done to your specifications. At least it will be cleaner to handle and save rust stains on the decks which maybe worth the money alone.
I thank you all for your contributions.