How long has Concerto been in the water without a scrub?

onesea

Visit site
I moved up the river I keep the boat in by 500 meters. Might not sound much but the difference is notable.
The only crustations where on the bottom of the keel and prop. The previous berth it was all but the top12”.
You can see in the water we are mainly in the Fresh, except for the bottom of the keel it seems.

Concerto

Visit site
Very good.
Apart from the macaroni on the prop.
Was the antifouling soft or hard ?
As mentioned , because being a locked mariner and some fresh water contributions perhaps reduce the salinity for an East Coast marina.

Not that many lock movements of boats. I seem to remember a year or two back it was calculated that 83% of the marina occupants never left their berths. Or was it just Covid or otherwise ?
Micron 365 is a self polishing antifouling. After pressure washing I noticed the front of the keel was showing some Primocon from earlier rust treatment, probably the erosion of the antifouling was caused from the round Britain trip where I had some high speed rough weather sails.

The general figure of 85% of marina boats hardly ever leave their berths is what I rememberand predates Covid.

Concerto

Visit site
The other interesting thing was the condition of the anodes. There were 2 prop shaft anodes and onee pear shaped anode. I expected the shaft anodes to have disappeared, they are very near with less than 40% remaining and one bolt missing - see the photo. The pear anode has about 50% remaining. All anodes will be replaced.

IMG_9167 1000pix.jpg

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Micron 365 is a self polishing antifouling. After pressure washing I noticed the front of the keel was showing some Primocon from earlier rust treatment, probably the erosion of the antifouling was caused from the round Britain trip where I had some high speed rough weather sails.

The general figure of 85% of marina boats hardly ever leave their berths is what I rememberand predates Covid.
Did a Google on Micron 365 but only Micron 350 comes up. I expect you have your sources 😁

Biggles Wader

Visit site
I antifouled our boat with Jotun 2 years ago, stuff meant for ships and touted as lasting 60 months on a fast moving ship. She has minor weed and slime, reported by a diver recently, and a slight 'fuzz' around the waterline, worse on the sunny side.

Coming out in April, will report then on condition and perhaps post a pic. Will be three years by next April.

Performance seems normal, no 'slowdown' under sail or power.
I'm using the same Jotun stuff which I put on this year. Previously I had the Hempel equivalent on which did very well for over three years. I would have used it again but couldnt source any at the time. I found that weed would grow in the marina but it all came off with a good fast sail or two.

Alicatt

Visit site
18 months or so of growth on my boat, took a GoPro style camera to the boat yesterday while setting up the battery charger etc. for the cold snap this week
Saildrive1.jpg
I also now know why she does not turn going astern... that massive keel she has :oops:
Volvo Penta MD7A with Saildrive, the anode on the shaft looks as good as new.

William_H

Visit site
My experience this year after relaunch end of September is that the Jotun is working fairly well on weed but barnacles are going mad. (Those conical shells that take off paint when you smash them off) I am now into the regime of swimming underneath with snorkel and mask with scraper and scouring pad in hand every week.
I won't tolerate any passengers under neath. Problem here is warm water and endless sunshine. But the advantages are the same. ol'will